A relatively unique digital spell, in that it has to be ritually coded and compiled rather than conventionally cast. Once introduced into a computer, the spell acts as a supernaturally malicious virus. It is incredibly subtle while under observation, but when left to its own devices, it busily sets about ruining friendships, usually in insidious ways - deleting important reminders and ensuring that choice messages get forwarded to just the wrong people are favorite tactics.
Cast this spell on a vehicle you are driving. Allows you to cruise through the city unhindered. You can speed by a cop and it appears you are obeying all the laws. Likewise traffic just moves right for you, a spot in the lane over opens up just long enough to merge into, you hit all the green lights, and otherwise are unhindered by traffic while driving.
9) Open. Similar to fantasy spells, except it works on electronic locking mechanisms as well. Keypads, retinal scanners, all be damned, things open as if properly accessed. Locked your keys in the car? Open. Bank vault? Open......
10. Greater Impact Hardening: Cast this spell on an article of clothing, and it will instantly harden like steel if it is struck with a sudden impact. T-shirts, sweaters, khakis, everything can be made bullet-proof and knife-proof. Just be sure you keep track of how long the spell has been applied, because when it wears off, it wears off instantly.
11. Countervirus: Go ahead and open that random email attachment from someone you've never heard of who writes in broken English. This spell will not only protect your computer, it will send a virus to whichever computer was the source of the virus in the first place.
12. Dumpster Dive: Creates a portal between any two large garbage receptacles within a given area, provided the mage has previously marked both of them with the spell's runic inscription. Great for rapid travel and emergency escapes, if rather stinky in the execution.
13. Crashpad. Allows you to find a nearby sheltered location to sleep in. A greater version of the spell temporarily creates such a location, frequently by adding a room to a low-end motel or apartment building.
14. Speak to Populace. Used on any inhabitant of the city, it allows you to communicate with the population's collective spirit and get information from the senses of any other inhabitant - the spirit cannot reveal information that is private to one individual (so no getting the villainous mayor's secrets), but any external information is available (eg if you're trying to find someone, you can see them through the eyes of anyone nearby).
16. Animate Doll. Imparts life and rudimentary intelligence to a doll or action figure, making it capable of understanding and following simple commands.
17. Cup-a-Joe. Fills a vessel up to one pint in size with black coffee. Does not include cream, sugar, pumpkin spice, or any other flavor add-ons, but can be customized to produce espresso, arabica, etc.
18. Nap Portal. A highly advanced spell, this creates and draws the caster into a personal pocket dimension. While in the pocket dimension, no time passes in the outside world. The immense strain this puts on the space-time continuum causes the pocket dimension to expel the caster after a subjective hour or two...but that's the perfect amount of time to catch up on a little sleep, hence the name.
19. Hush. A quick-and-easy spell that dampens any sound entering and leaving a designated small area. Cannot quite create complete silence, but is still helps with stealth, holding private conversations without having to worry overmuch about eavesdroppers, shutting out unwelcome distractions, or just playing music at your favorite volume without actually upsetting the neighbors.