2320-- anyone picked this up?

Unseelie

Snark Lord of the Sith
Validated User
I am both surprised and pleased this hasn't been sent to Siberia, err, Spotlight...

Erebus1

Validated User
I am both surprised and pleased this hasn't been sent to Siberia, err, Spotlight...
IS this dual statted? Does it have both d20 and the original GDW rules in it? I might be interested in picking it up if its not strictly d20, or is that T20.

jsnead

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Depends on what you think is good. It's mostly the same, I didn't notice anything radically different.
In the 2300 AD Earth supplement, the cyberware felt like something that was inexpertly tacked on at the last minute. I'm wondering if its intergrated into the setting any better in 2320.
I'll put it to you this way - it's not Transhuman Space. The author acknowledges the technological conservatism of the setting however, and there is a section on how to incorporate more advanced things like nanotechnology into the setting.
How many pages is this section? How useful do you (or anyone else for that matter) find the advice on incorporating more advanced technology in the setting?

So in 2320's case, you have to decide what hasn't been done and go do it. Not all the big mysteries are settled and that's good - the Beta Aquilae Cluster seems ripe with possibility.
It sounds like there's significantly info on the Medusans and the Enemy. How well done is it?

jsnead

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
I'd like to suggest moving this thread back from the D20 forum to the main Open forum. While clearly a d20 product, given that it is so closely associated with 2300 AD/Traveller 2300, and is likely to appeal mostly to fans of these games, placing it in Open seems best to me.

Mike Montesa

Validated User
In the 2300 AD Earth supplement, the cyberware felt like something that was inexpertly tacked on at the last minute. I'm wondering if its intergrated into the setting any better in 2320.
Yes. I know what you mean by the cybernetics being tacked on in the original material. This time around, it's part of the setting and written in from the get-go. So, it's not being integrated, or bolted on like the stuff in the original version, it's just there. Flows more smoothly, as far as the execution of the concept goes.

How many pages is this section? How useful do you (or anyone else for that matter) find the advice on incorporating more advanced technology in the setting?
It's only about a page, and part of the GM's chapter. They recommend using the rules for nanotech found in T20 (which I have not seen). As far as its use goes, for me anyway, it's not an issue. I've adapted the tech in my 2300AD games already (which is to say, not in any significant way).

It sounds like there's significantly info on the Medusans and the Enemy. How well done is it?
Well, it's not a whole chapter, but it does develop the Beta Aquilae cluster a bit. It also clarifies the relationship between the Medusans and the Enemy somewhat. It gave me a lot of ideas for things to do there. Like I said, most of the major Things To Do in the original 2300 setting have been resolved (more or less), and Beta Aquilae jumped out at me as a blank spot on the map (so to speak).

The material gives you enough to work with, and I suspect QLI might be thinking about a sourcebook in this area, but given the time it took just to get 2320 out, I prefer to just build my own ideas off what they presented.

I'd also lobby to move this back to the Open forum. I'm not happy with the split either.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
So how did we beat teh Kafer, anyway? AT the end of 2300's GDW line, we'd made contact with the Ylii, ,but the Kafer were still a pretty dangerous bunch of guys.

Top Bottom