• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

#32: All About Exalted 2e

st_gulik

Ben Woerner - WunderWerks
Validated User
xenongames said:
Ya, Hero. Or at least, fans of the Hero system would definitely say that it can do anything, so it certainly can do Exalted. There has to be some other appeal about Exalted (or WotG, for that matter) besides the raw powergaming element. If Exalted was done with Hero, with the same background, same artwork, same production qualities, and same power-gaming goodness, would it still be appealing?
Uhm, No. You need a Masters in Calculus to freakin' play freakin Hero.

Sometimes it's the setting and sometimes it's the system that makes a game unplayable.

st_gulik

Validated User
morgonstjarnan said:
I agree with most points of the column, except for a few issues.

The fact that there's a whole lot of setting material just crammed in there is great. He forgot to mention the amazing art in enough detail (two-three paragraphs of fanboyism might do). The lack of making fun of the Games of Divinity, the dumbest idea in gaming since the rules system of the Elfquest RPG. Oh, and yes. The politics.. why, oh why, do powerless geeks need to gush and spout political dogma? Why?

Reminds me a bit of Sebastian LaCroix's comments about how for every decision made there are legions thinking the decision was made as a result of a whimsical dart toss, and how their own ideas are better. Humor.
Sounds like someone had a bad time with a political game. The Games of Divinity are an almost direct draw from the Chinese Taoist/Confuscian Pantheon of Gods with a mixing of early Greek and Japanese Flavoring. The Games of Divnity are anything but dumb. Ask my players after the last session of my three year game (Yes, I planned it all out), and how they felt about the Games of Divinity. I think the first person who said anything after several minutes of silence was, "Wow."

Seriously though, what political dogma are you refering to? I seem to find references to basically every type of known (and a few unheard of!) political system that Earth has ever had, so I find it hard to see what specific line of dogma the game designers are spouting.

st_gulik

Validated User
ross_winn said:
You only use eighth-grade arithmetic in Hero.
God Lord, am I confusing game systems!? Isn't the Tri-Stat system the Giant Tome of Mathmatical Doscombobulation?

Top Bottom