• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

3below trailer up.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
Part II drops on July 12th, no idea how many episodes, but the trailer just dropped:

More info here

And I think from one picture, we can safely assume the secret is out, at least in Arcadia:

Save-vs-DM

Knight of Stumptown
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nice! Huh, I saw Toby and Wingman there, but not Jim, Claire, or Blinky. Wonder if that's significant or if they just wanted to bring in a single Troll character. It was cool to see Toby in his battle gear again, though.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
Nice! Huh, I saw Toby and Wingman there, but not Jim, Claire, or Blinky. Wonder if that's significant or if they just wanted to bring in a single Troll character. It was cool to see Toby in his battle gear again, though.
Jim and Claire are off with Blinky and the the other trolls heading to New Jersey. Now, they left on foot, and if Arcadia is say, near Torrance, that's 2400 miles. At 15 miles a day, marching, that's over 160 days to go, so given that there's not much of a timeskip, I expect that they're off having adventures (trolls would move even slow due to the whole "burning, deadly light of the daystar" thing.

That being said, I have no doubt that it's entirely possible some magic, or maybe just the parents realizing that trolls have gold and so why not rent a bunch of long-haul tricks, could get the trolls back to NJ and the kids to Arcadia much more quickly, but the general impression is that the TH gang, especially Jim and Claire are going to be very peripheral to this season.

Of course, EVERYONE comes back for Wizards.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
And trailer 2

Steve's character arc has been really nice. One of teh better YA attempts to take someone who starts out as an unrepentant bully and change him for the better, but still accept that he'll be struggling.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
And it's out, and pretty spiffy--there were several manly tears moments, which is in general hard for a cartoon to do for me. 13 episodes, a big pay off and a HELL of a cliffhanger for wizards.

Also:
Spoiler: Show
They went with "everyone in Arcadia knows about Trolls, but we're keeping it our little secret from the outside world."
Now, I sometimes have problem swith that--what worked in the 1950-80s wouldn't work in a world where everyone has cell phones and of course the people who want to get famous...
BUT...
It's a show about the kids, and what they go through and suddenly having everyone from the 1st Marine Division to the new Undersecretary for Troll Affairs around would have just diluted the main storyline, or warped it. I found it reasonably easy to suspend disbelief and I think it was the right decision, especially given only 13 episodes to play with.

Give it a look see, if for no other reason that once again it's a great Del Toro show.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I binged it. Digged it. I like how the different storylines intersect and intermingle. You don't see that a lot in TV shows.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
And how effectively they've contrasted the first series--normal kids fighting for their home, with 3below--refugees trying to find a place in a new home, uncertain if they're going to stay or go, and having lost nearly everything.

And Aja and Krell do lose a lot--by the end of the series, they've lost their parents, who sacrificed themselves for their children, their surrogate mother--even each other, as they have to split up. (though thta's voluntary, one going back to the old world, one remaining in the new world. For a YA shows, I think it went about as much as you could into what it is to be a refugee.

Oh and the part where the human says they're trying to remove them because the might carry illness or be a health hazard, and the response of their friends. Call it a bit of an anvil--but in Trump's America, evidently we need those anvils dropped.

randlathor66

Validated User
I binged it. Digged it. I like how the different storylines intersect and intermingle. You don't see that a lot in TV shows.
I totally agree, and really hope there is even more of that.
And how effectively they've contrasted the first series--normal kids fighting for their home, with 3below--refugees trying to find a place in a new home, uncertain if they're going to stay or go, and having lost nearly everything.

And Aja and Krell do lose a lot--by the end of the series, they've lost their parents, who sacrificed themselves for their children, their surrogate mother--even each other, as they have to split up. (though thta's voluntary, one going back to the old world, one remaining in the new world. For a YA shows, I think it went about as much as you could into what it is to be a refugee.

Oh and the part where the human says they're trying to remove them because the might carry illness or be a health hazard, and the response of their friends. Call it a bit of an anvil--but in Trump's America, evidently we need those anvils dropped.
Agreed, though I am hesitant to recommend this to my friend who doesn't like it when shows get "preachy." (I agree with the spoiled comment, and have said as much to him - particularly the last sentence.)

Anyway, it great to see Toby again, I super dig that guy.

Top Bottom