• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

4 Color System - What're you using it for besides supers?

Jamfke

Accidental Thread Killer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I picked up a copy of the PD 4 Color System the other day. I loved the old Marvel game, and remember many wonderful adventures using the system. I saw the announcements about the 4 Color System when it was released, but haven't heard much else about it in a long time. Does anyone have any plans to use the system for a game, published or no? If so, do you plan on using it for anything other than a supers setting? I myself have a Sci-Fi setting that will fit perfectly with the rules, and am planning on splicing them together very soon.

Mister Gone

Six Monkey Slap-Slap
Validated User
I had ideas for using it with a sentai/Ultraman like setting, but I decided while I love the game, using a chart like that is in my gaming past and I would have to change it up to a success-based system or something.

Silverlion

Banned
I'm slowly evolving it into a system for my SMITE (Special Magic and Intelligence, for Tactical Engagement.) Fantasy game. So far it's been a hit--some silliness, some dire seriousness mixed with D&D as done as a SWAT//CSI hybrid police procedural. (Basically the way a lot of people play D&D.)

So far I'm trying to either reduce the number of attributes, or otherwise simplify the system and allow for skills a bit more advanced than classic talents (a bit, not a lot.)

Jamfke

Accidental Thread Killer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm planning on broadening the skills/talents section of the rules too. I'm just in the beginning stages of my ideas at the moment, but the whole powers thing works perfectly with my species design concept. Most of the powers/abilities should be plug n play, but I'll have to add a lot more to make it really work.

cjh

Solar Flare Blind
We've put out a couple of short supplements for it, and I've been working lately on mods that would let it be used as a fantasy system as well, with some notes on a variety of different types of fantasy.

Jamfke

Accidental Thread Killer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Have you tinkered with how the system handles magic? I've read a few post here and there where folks thought it could use a good revising.

cjh

Solar Flare Blind
Have you tinkered with how the system handles magic? I've read a few post here and there where folks thought it could use a good revising.
Well, I like how it handles magic....because I think it was a good genre simulation. But I will be offering some options.

Top Bottom