• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I really need to get to work on my Sisters of Battle.

I stripped the paint off of them - hell, years ago. My original paint scheme just wasn't that great. But in the absence of any sort of real rules - yes, I know, there were "quickie" lists in the Index and older publications like Imperial Agents - I lost motivation...

But I'm a slow painter, and I want to have a playable army when the Codex comes out next year.

I'm thinking "Order of the Sacred Rose." White armor, black/red robes.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I really need to get to work on my Sisters of Battle.

I stripped the paint off of them - hell, years ago. My original paint scheme just wasn't that great. But in the absence of any sort of real rules - yes, I know, there were "quickie" lists in the Index and older publications like Imperial Agents - I lost motivation...

But I'm a slow painter, and I want to have a playable army when the Codex comes out next year.

Hmmm. Is it easier to do black robes over white armor or white robes over black armor, in terms of dealing with the inevitable touch-ups?

EDIT: And I need to finally finish my Marines, and finish building and painting my Astra MIllitary Armor force, before GW actually releases plastic sisters and a codex.

EDIT2: And I need to pick up some Sisters of Silence to run alongside my future Sisters of Battle, to help deal with enemy psykers.

Last edited:

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User

JamesG

Validated User
Nice, my SW Legion Imperials are giving me a lifetime supply of white armour to paint, Corax white primer and highlights to pure white ended up being easier and more effective than I was expecting.

Ace the hero

Waaaghboss in Training
Validated User
I really need to get to work on my Sisters of Battle. [. . .]

I'm not a Sisters player yet, but I'm definitely getting a box or two when they come out in plastic next year. I'm thinking about color schemes as well, and while white armor would be a great fit for the purity theme, it doesn't seem like a lot of fun to paint. I didn't enjoy painting black with my Ravenwing either, so I'm currently thinking dark blue armor with deep red cloth, and white and gold for detail. Basically Crimson Fists colors with Sisters.

In the meantime, I'm impressed with the new Ork stuff in Speed Freeks. The buggies are predictably great minis, but I'm also pleasantly surprised by the scatter terrain. Very solid plastic, and lots of great detail. It would work pretty well with my Gorkamorka mashup minis, and come to think of it, the Speed Freeks rules might actually be a good fit for that as well.

The Codex sounds pretty good, all things considered, and I'm quite happy with the Evil Sunz, which make up the biggest chunk of my Ork minis. I have some stuff painted as Goff, but I guess I'll run those as (Black) Evil Sunz as well. I am however tempted by the lucky blue Deffskullz, whose rules are just excellent, versatile and fluffy to boot. I have a unit of Lootas painted blue, so maybe I'll end up with a Spearhead Detachment somewhere down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom