• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm still trying to figure out why you'd use a chain-blade, but then cover up the cutting part of it with an ordinary flat blade.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OK, now that's cool. I can definitely see GW pulling in more of the newer Age of SIgmar monstrous hero aesthetic into the 40k realm with this model, and it works really well.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Damn, that thing is astonishingly Chaos-looking. A hideous half-metal, half-daemon monster with a bloodthirsty madman riding on its back, holding a giant chainglaive!

GW's really putting in an effort in redefining Chaos Space Marines as something more than just spiky evil versions of regular Marines.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yep. It's a good way to show 10,000 years of divergence and corruption. That's more than enough time for them to change and create their own units, not just be slightly more skull covered Marines.

MjrTrauma

One of Everything
Validated User
Thought the rider in that new beastie allmost looks like a Dark Mechanicum model at the start. I'm wondering if this Daemon-engibe heavy chaos is a way to angle into that. We're seeing other models in that direction right now as well. (Negavolt Cultists I'm looking at you.)

Ascanius

Use the singular they!
Validated User
Among other things.

Spoiler: Show

But yeah, the Lord Discordant is amazing, and at least for now it's gone right to the top of my list of things my in-laws can bring me when they visit in May. They wanted to buy my wife and me smart watches since they've been enjoying theirs so much, but I don't really have a use for one, so instead they offered to bring me the equivalent in miniatures . . .

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
I realize this thread is more about the war game but I thought this would amuse you...

So, apparently in #40k lore there is this heretical sect among the Imperial Cult that honors Goge Vandire as the last true Ecclesiarch. And rather understandably I suppose, they tend to have a real hate-on for the Sisters of Battle.

Well, guess who just crashed landed on a whole fucking planet of the bastards...

Scutarii

Validated User
Cel
I realize this thread is more about the war game but I thought this would amuse you...

So, apparently in #40k lore there is this heretical sect among the Imperial Cult that honors Goge Vandire as the last true Ecclesiarch. And rather understandably I suppose, they tend to have a real hate-on for the Sisters of Battle.

Well, guess who just crashed landed on a whole fucking planet of the bastards...
Celestine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom