• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
Well there's also a few that are extremely upset that their new toy monster doesn't have large enough tiddies, but we don't mention those

Ace the hero

Waaaghboss in Training
Validated User
I have to say, I'm intrigued by the new all-different Apocalypse mass combat rule set. That's actually what I had expected Apocalypse to be when it first came out. It's probably not going to be Epic with 40K minis, but something else entirely. Perhaps it might be usable to speed up regular sized 40K as well?

Also, I can't seem to link the video directly, but "Fifty Shelves of Grey" is hilarious. I have no idea what that might be, just some guides for colored priming and washing, or painting service?

Scutarii

Validated User
That new Keeper of Secrets has so many great design cues. It’s a personality in a miniature.

First up the facial features are male dominated but with a little ambiguity. The legs however are posed like a catwalk model strutting with raised heels which are small touches to suggest female. Thus gender ambiguity again. The dangling dress and jewellery suggests to me Middle Eastern belly dancing, only thing missing is something g gauzy like a veil over the face or on the arms. That dancing style is often lithe, sinuous and seductive. General body posture and eyes tell us this figure is striding or strutting forward, relaxed shoulders and weapons held low. They are calm, confident and in control. The claws are half wide and set slightly back, forming an arc with the Keeper at the apex, drawing up in and guiding us into the figure and their embrace.

Overall? It’s an extremely confident and comfortable, gender ambiguous figure inviting you to join them.

nos4artu

Educationalist.
Validated User
I sort of get the feeling that the 50 Shelves of Grey thing is either going to be an airbrush or some sort of base coat and shade dipping type thing. Maybe. Perhaps.

nos4artu

Educationalist.
Validated User
The new Keeper of Secrets has some design cues that are reminiscent of more recent takes on demons in Chinese and Japanese art too. Which is pretty cool. It’s an amazing model.

mac40k

Validated User
I have to say, I'm intrigued by the new all-different Apocalypse mass combat rule set. That's actually what I had expected Apocalypse to be when it first came out. It's probably not going to be Epic with 40K minis, but something else entirely. Perhaps it might be usable to speed up regular sized 40K as well?
Official (meaning overpriced) movement trays for 40k. Horde armies rejoice and weep simultaneously.

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Official (meaning overpriced) movement trays for 40k. Horde armies rejoice and weep simultaneously.
Players just need to switch them over to square bases now so they fit into movement trays more snugly.

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I sort of get the feeling that the 50 Shelves of Grey thing is either going to be an airbrush or some sort of base coat and shade dipping type thing. Maybe. Perhaps.
It’s going to be the return of the Citadel Airbrush. That thing was still available in their online store when I started paying attention to GW, but vanished soon after. Also vanished and returned in new form since I started paying attention: Citadel Project Box, Citadel Water Pot, Citadel Palette.

The main reason I think it’ll be the airbrush, though, is that they already manufacture a line of airbrush paints, including an airbrush thinner, which they can’t currently promote in their wildly successful Warhammer TV painting video series due to their policy of only using their own branded tools in those videos. If they get an airbrush on store shelves again, they’ll also start using it in those videos, which is something they must want to be doing.

(I do wonder if the new one will be any better than the old one. The old one was apparently quite bad.)

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
That new Keeper of Secrets has so many great design cues. It’s a personality in a miniature.
There's another picture over on the Warhammer Community instagram page, equipped with a buckler and with a different head:
http://instagr.am/p/BviVpxxCoZI/
The thing that gets me, though, is that if you see a stand-alone image, it's nearly impossible to tell how big it is. It's huge, when compared to the rank-and-file, but the proportions wouldn't look out of place on a much smaller model, so it's big without being a hulking monstrosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom