• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

CrazyIvan

C. different
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What are folks' thoughts on the Apocalypse detachment boxes, for someone largely uninterested in Apocalypse? Any particularly good deals in there? The AdMech one kinda hit me in the soul, with how hard to find Kastellan robots used to be.
Really good deals, IMO, if you want those units. Like, I've been interested in adding a heavy Wraith Construct aspect to my Eldar to build into a Ynnari force, so the Eldar box was great. On the other hand, for the AdMech I really don't like Kastellans, so...meh?

The Knight box is a stupidly good deal too IMO.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Another Battle Sisters Bulletin, this one with preview images of a few more minis. Link here; TL;DR: they look really good. They also (if these previews are indeed indicative of the final product) look like there is going to be One True Pose for every specific model and to get anything like a unique pose is going to take cutting and putty. Which is what I was afraid was going to happen; but it might be easier than I fear it's going to be. Cautiously optimistic.

Scutarii

Validated User
Another Battle Sisters Bulletin, this one with preview images of a few more minis. Link here; TL;DR: they look really good. They also (if these previews are indeed indicative of the final product) look like there is going to be One True Pose for every specific model and to get anything like a unique pose is going to take cutting and putty. Which is what I was afraid was going to happen; but it might be easier than I fear it's going to be. Cautiously optimistic.
Broadly monopose seems to be how they do things nowadays so not super surprised myself.

I notice lots of Inquisitorial =][= on them too, maybe hearkening back to their role in the With Hunters codex.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm actually happy to see them more mono-pose. Having assemble roughly umpteen old Marines, and putting off assembling my Escher gangs-as-Imperial Guard by the sheer complexity, I could use some easy to assemble Sisters. Particularly as I'm planning to go infantry horde with them.

prankster_dragon

Something Terrible
Validated User
I'm actually happy to see them more mono-pose. Having assemble roughly umpteen old Marines, and putting off assembling my Escher gangs-as-Imperial Guard by the sheer complexity, I could use some easy to assemble Sisters. Particularly as I'm planning to go infantry horde with them.
After some of the other recent mono-pose (or mostly mono-pose) options, I wouldn't count on these being easy to assemble.

Gentleman Highwayman

Validated User
I'm actually happy to see them explicitly mono-pose.
Fixed that for you.

Lots of those allegedly multipose minis actually only has one implicit pose, just raise or lower the gun and turn the head one way or the other. The monopole stuff has way more character and often still has lots of customization potential.

I'm in for at least a box of Sisters.

Spook

Burn the Heretic. Purge the unclean.
Validated User
Broadly monopose seems to be how they do things nowadays so not super surprised myself.

I notice lots of Inquisitorial =][= on them too, maybe hearkening back to their role in the With Hunters codex.

Those are Ecclesiarchy ]['s, Inquisition ones have the three cross bars.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I love the look of the sisters, and happy to see a flamer - as nice as the bolter ones look, what we're going to want for Kill Team is special weapons, unless bolter sisters are very cheap/hardy objective grabbers I can't see fielding many. I can see BURNING ALL THE HERETICS :)

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fixed that for you.

Lots of those allegedly multipose minis actually only has one implicit pose, just raise or lower the gun and turn the head one way or the other. The monopole stuff has way more character and often still has lots of customization potential.

The way Intercessor work, at least, you get five different body poses and six or seven different arm poses, plus the option of angling any given arm pose slightly differently and changing the way the head is pointed plus going helmeted or unhelmeted, plus tilting shields, plus you can use Hellblasters bodies for Intercessors and vice-versa. By not using a given pair of arms on a given body twice, you can get a force that all looks very similar but doesn’t look exactly the same.

For the Sisters, though, the voluminous robes make the explicit monopose thing sort of inevitable.

(I wish they’d given Intercessors more variety in backpack and helmet detail....)

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Fixed that for you.

Agreed on this. And a lot of the multipose stuff from prior editions never really looks as dynamic as something sculpted with a specific pose in mind. There's also the matter of vestments - for a long time, one of the reasons the Sisters were said not to be getting plastics was because GW's miniatures designers couldn't reconcile "multipart multipose miniatures" with the robes and sleeves and tabards of the range (and the sense of direction and motion they convey).

Those are Ecclesiarchy ]['s, Inquisition ones have the three cross bars.
Yup. Sisters of Battle have always worn a Chaplet Ecclesiasticus, an amulet on a rosary (which doubles as a garrote wire) bearing the emblem of the Ecclesiarchy:

The "I" (for "Imperator") is a common backing for the symbols of Imperial organisations, with the Inquisition's (with three cross bars) being one of the most famous. The Ecclesiarchy uses the haloed skull, above. The Adeptus Arbites use a mailed fist, flanked by a set of scales. The Imperial Navy uses a symbol which is an abstract representation of the five Segmentae Majoris which the Imperium is divided into.

It's noted in one of the Heresy novels that the Emperor's signature, found marked in his own blood on the Warrants of Trade of some of the first Rogue Traders, is an Imperator with an X over the middle - five quick strokes of the pen to signify the Master of Mankind.

Top Bottom