• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
But you could also unload every missile in a single barrage too. The past was a strange place.
Yep! Individually, they were krak missiles, and the Cyclone only carried a limited number for the battle. But you could fire multiple to upgrade to a small blast or all of them for a large blast, if I recall correctly.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Yep! Individually, they were krak missiles, and the Cyclone only carried a limited number for the battle. But you could fire multiple to upgrade to a small blast or all of them for a large blast, if I recall correctly.
In 2nd edition, the radius of the blast was half an inch per missile fired, if memory serves.

Ace the hero

Waaaghboss in Training
Validated User
Yes. Which led to squads of Wolf Guard Terminators in which every Terminator carried a Cyclone and they let all their missiles fly in one go, covering the opponent's deployment in utter destruction. Of course, since it was 2e, you also had a mishap table that could lead to your Cyclone exploding at inopportune moments. It was a strange time.

Per Andersson

Tired and emotional
Validated User
I believe that the 2nd edition SW Codex was also so sloppily written that it only took a small bit of squinting to come to the conclusion that it was quite legal to give the Wolf Guard terminators both a Cyclone and an Assault Cannon. Each.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
I believe that the 2nd edition SW Codex was also so sloppily written that it only took a small bit of squinting to come to the conclusion that it was quite legal to give the Wolf Guard terminators both a Cyclone and an Assault Cannon. Each.
It was legal! Assault Cannon right arm, cyclone targeter left, all good :)

Wonderful days. Mine generally died when Ork Nobz on bikes drove into my deployment zone turn 1 and set them on fire, and to the extent that they were actually terminators they probably didn't have either arm actually attached to the body, and the Dreads backing them up were mostly Lego, but good times.

jbuck

Validated User
I need some help with Battlescribe.

I'm trying to make a Custodes/Sisters of Silence list, but can't figure out how to do it. I can do a Custodes list. I can do a Sisters list. I can't figure out how to make a combined list.

Can anybody give me some guidance?

Catulle

Black Rabbit of Inle
Validated User
You may need to add a seperate detachment to your "core" roster for the "allies" contingent, IIRC - will check!

(ETA - yep, that seems to be it - if that wasn't what you needed, I can try to figure out how to take screen caps from my tablet and thrash out a visual guide?)

Top Bottom