[40k Game Megathread] - Do not post in support of the Emperor of Man

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Assuming matched play, they need to be in separate detachments. Since Sisters of Silence have no HQ, they're allowed to form a Vanguard detachment, but do not receive the usual +1 CP.

And I'm completely failing to remember where they actually said that.

jbuck

Validated User
You may need to add a seperate detachment to your "core" roster for the "allies" contingent, IIRC - will check!

(ETA - yep, that seems to be it - if that wasn't what you needed, I can try to figure out how to take screen caps from my tablet and thrash out a visual guide?)
That's the push I needed. Thanks!

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Assuming matched play, they need to be in separate detachments. Since Sisters of Silence have no HQ, they're allowed to form a Vanguard detachment, but do not receive the usual +1 CP.

And I'm completely failing to remember where they actually said that.
It's in the Index Imperium 2 FAQ.

However, Sisters of Silence share the "Astra Telepathica" faction keyword with the Primaris Psyker HQ from Codex: Astra Militarum, so you can use that as the shared keyword for a Vanguard detachment and still get the +1 CP. The Primaris Pskyer is useful in a Custodes/SoS army anyway for Deny the Witch rolls and some extra mortal wounds.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh. Those look surprisingly good. I've been using the various Statuesque heads, but I might have to grab a set or two of those depending on their price point.

EDIT: that's a... very Forgeworld price. Possibly if I decide to order other stuff already...

Last edited:

Morsla

I mostly paint things
Validated User
On one hand, Forgeworld’s new pricing (especially for Australia) is terrible, and has stopped me purchasing from them for all other projects.

On the other hand, I’m tempted to order a set of those heads purely to show support for the product line... Money (and preorders) talk, and help build a case for producing more figures and conversion sets like this.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
On the other hand, I’m tempted to order a set of those heads purely to show support for the product line... Money (and preorders) talk, and help build a case for producing more figures and conversion sets like this.
I'm happy to join you here if you want to split postage :)

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

This image, apparently from the February White Dwarf, has been making its rounds this morning.

Decent boost to Marines of all flavours - though Deathwatch probably see the most benefit.

Top Bottom