• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Plastic Sisters: Now, Or Sooner

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
More of a replacement Razorback than Rhino, with the limited troop capacity, but a nice little tank.

Scutarii

Validated User
With the Assault Vehicle rule could you mount infantry, move, then dismount?

Or move the tank, mount some infantry, move tank remaining distance, then disembark again?

E.g.: your heavy firepower unit is very close ot the enemy and wants to be further away. Tank drives up, picks them up, retreats back, disembarks the heavies to shoot.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
...Shit, that thing's legit good. Not being able to carry Gravis armored boys means no half-squads of Aggressors, but six Hellblasters or even regular Primaris could be fun (or those new las-sniper boys) and without that stupid turret on the back it actually LOOKS like a proper transport, too. I can see myself nabbing a couple of them.

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's still probably better than assembling tracks, link by link, on the older Marine tanks. I think I still have flashbacks to assembling 7 Razorbacks, a Land Raider, and two Whirlwinds.

CrazyIvan

C. different
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You know what? This looks like a Holy Warrior Woman who has seen (and done) some hardcore fucking shit!! I'm very impressed they didn't go young and sexy here.
Late, but yeah - This woman has seen some things, and put them to the sword.

It's awesome.

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
It's still probably better than assembling tracks, link by link, on the older Marine tanks. I think I still have flashbacks to assembling 7 Razorbacks, a Land Raider, and two Whirlwinds.
I wonder how much of the push to hover tanks is driven by the thought that they're easier for neophytes to assemble and paint than tracks.

I'm grognard enough to grumble that Marines feel like a faction that should have tracks (the better for grinding the heretic, the mutant, and the political dissident under) and Eldar should have hover tanks (that's their entire brand identity now that aspect warriors are being de-emphasized), but not asshole enough to go apeshit over it.

Morsla

I mostly paint things
Validated User
I like that Cawl's hacked-together grav tanks make an absolute mess of everything they drive over - no elegant skimming across the landscape here :) The grav-repulsor plates just focus the entire weight of the tank into a point under the vehicle.

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I wonder how much of the push to hover tanks is driven by the thought that they're easier for neophytes to assemble and paint than tracks.
See also: AdMech's Hovercraft and Spider-Tanks. Though Death Guard are aimed at new players and the Plagueburst Crawler has a conventional track set-up.

Top Bottom