• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Plastic Sisters: Now, Or Sooner

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Act of Faith: When Dove's Cry.

When a Hospitaler fails to save a slain model, a flock of doves surround the Hospitaler and the unit the slain model belonged to, if there are any surviving members. The Hospitaler and the unit count as being in cover until the end of the enemy's next turn, and the Hospitaler and the unit may add +1 to hit rolls when making overwatch shooting attacks until the end of the enemy's next turn.

Any model armed with two pistols that benefits from this act of faith may fire twice whenever they shoot.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think the lives of Sororitas are directed by some sort of grimdark John Woo, so doves just spontaneously manifest whenever something badass and/or melodramatic happens.
Hey, it works for Celestine.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User

(As an aside, John Woo's protagonists always look oddly weirded out by their pistols. Like, their head is pulled back as far as it can, the gun held ALL TEH WAY OUT, like somebody holding a dirty diaper at arm's length. )

nos4artu

Educationalist.
Validated User
That Hospitallier is amazing. I love the diorama base with the wounded Sister. It’s so evocative.

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Slytherin
Validated User
The Hospitaler looks great but I can't get over the doves (not in a bad way). Now I desperately want a grimdark story about the order of the Adeptus Sororitas who train battle doves to help out Hospitalers disney-princess style. Orders Columbidae?
They're servitor doves...

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
By the by, how big are these Sisters suppose to be?
We haven't seen them next to other models yet. On the one hand, GW is being pretty good about making e.g. the Necromunda gangs high detail but not as big as Space Marines, but on the other hand the Sisters of Silence are as tall as Custodes for no particular fluffy reason. Which way will GW swing this time? No one can say!

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We haven't seen them next to other models yet. On the one hand, GW is being pretty good about making e.g. the Necromunda gangs high detail but not as big as Space Marines, but on the other hand the Sisters of Silence are as tall as Custodes for no particular fluffy reason. Which way will GW swing this time? No one can say!
They've already released one, though: the Sister Superior they did for Warhammer Day was expressly part of the new range. I've not noticed anyone mention her being unusually tall (mine is, um, still in the box).

Based mostly on all the doves and roses in the stuff we've seen, I think they're sticking to the same scale as Celestine and the Gemini Seraphim, who are maybe a bit taller than the old metals (but the posing disguises that).

Top Bottom