• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k Game Megathread] - Plastic Sisters: Now, Or Sooner

Ace the hero

Waaaghboss in Training
Validated User
Primaris will probably get bikes eventually, so if I wanted to do White Scars, I'd probably be holding out to see what those models are like.
If we're going to get Primaris bikes, it'll be a couple of years. IIRC, Shadowspear and the new codex were the first major expansions of the Marine range since the previous codex, which came out about two years ago. I'm guessing it'll be at least 18 months to two years until we see a completely new unit. In the meantime, GW is going to be busy filling out the codex supplements with new characters and upgrade sprues and bringing the three non-codex chapters up to speed.

Also, I'm wondering if we're even going to see bikes at all. So far, GW has avoided making straight Primaris analogues to existing unit types, which is why I think the jetbike/speeder suggestions are the most likely outcome.

But then I started to wonder - is the reason super-longform video content for miniatures games seems so dominant, because people can watch them while painting?
I think it's much simpler than that. YouTube incentivizes long videos, and it's a lot less work to just flip through a book and ramble on than to script and edit a concise review. It's been a trend on a lot of video game channels as well, and as long as viewers are fine with it, we'll keep seeing more raw, undeveloped, overly long content.

Getting back to the new Space Marine codex, it's clear that Marines needed a bit of a boost, but I'm not sure if the new book has overshot the mark a bit. I have three possible opponents eager to give it a go, so I'll be able to judge for myself soon. Still, there's already two positive takeaways for me. One, this is a serious effort from GW to combat soup and encourage single-codex armies. And two, the usual fears of GW killing off the old Marine range are again unfounded, despite baseless rumormongering from clickbait sites like BoLS.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
This may sound like a joke but "If-the-Emperor-has-a-text-to-speech-devise" does explain the lore and in-game politics in a funny way. Be aware of the language. The Emperor likes to cus.
Seconding this. This series got me back into 40k lore. It is the perfect blend of respectful/informative/ and rip the living crap out of. Especially the middle bits. The first few were rough, the newest get more into their own story but middle is oh so great. Kinda like a Dragonball Z Abridged for 40k.

mac40k

Validated User
From the GMG review it sounds like they don't get to use the new Codex's stuff and keep what is in their own Codexes for now.
They don't need it, but do get to use it as per GW: "The full datasheets and matched play points values for each of these units will soon be available as a free PDF download for each of these Chapters, along with the rules for the Shock Assault ability.* Essentially, if you collect one of these Chapters, you can still pick up Codex: Space Marines for all the expanded lore, background and aforementioned datasheets, but you don’t need it to add the new units to your collection and use them in battle – your codex is still fully functional!

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Anyone got a good source for modern-ish military-looking decals? I've decided to paint up a repulsor in desert colours, and the decals in the box aren't doing it for me.

ajdynon

Validated User
Anyone got a good source for modern-ish military-looking decals? I've decided to paint up a repulsor in desert colours, and the decals in the box aren't doing it for me.
Do you have a model shop near you?

ru

temporary avatar
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Only a GW. Besides, I generally prefer buying stuff online

Last edited:

Von Bek

Now with Moorcock
Validated User
I was told that a store-wide Apocalypse game may be coming soon to my local game shop. Apparently having 60,000 points of minis makes me in demand for such things. :D

Scutarii

Validated User
I was told that a store-wide Apocalypse game may be coming soon to my local game shop. Apparently having 60,000 points of minis makes me in demand for such things. :D
You of course realise this means pictures must be shared?

Top Bottom