• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

40k is Going Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
New FAQs! They actually took the time to go over some of the questions that have been subject to much discussion, such as Deathwatch Banebolts and what units can be transported in the Imperial Navy flyers.

Let me demonstrate.
Page 46 – Faction and Allies
Add the following to the end of the first paragraph:
‘Transports from this Faction can transport Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus and Inquisition units as if they were all of the same Faction.’
...no Sisters in Valkyries? :-(

Derek

Validated User
Hey folks,

I'm returning to 40k after 10+ years away and trying to play catchup. What's the best software for building an army list in this day and age? Looking at the codex I just picked up, I really don't want to go back to typing everything out manually!

Flawless Glory of Silence

Banned
Aren't the Sisters Inquisition? The military arm of Ordo Hereticus?
Fluffwise they are the military arm of the Ecclesiarchy. They just enjoy a very close working relationship with the Ordo Hereticus. Ruleswise they are a different Faction, just like the Grey Knights and Deathwatch despite them being Chambers Militant of the Inquistion (with the more recent codices having them operating more as Ordos unto them selves rather than part of the Malleus and Xenos organization charts).

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Aren't the Sisters Inquisition? The military arm of Ordo Hereticus?
Not really. They're more closely affiliated with the Adeptus Ministorum (the Adepta Sororitas is more than just the fighting parts), and the Orders Militant of the Adepta Sororitas (the Sisters of Battle) are technically the armed forces of the Imperial Church (the Church is not permitted to have any force of "men at arms" - it ended badly last time).

The Ordo Hereticus frequently employs Sisters of Battle, but they're not specifically Inquisition troops.

GW have subsequently adjusted the Deathwatch and Grey Knights so that they work this way as well - they're allies of the Inquisition, rather than subordinates.

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So Avatar of Ynnead, Yvraine and the Visarch are the Eldar Triumvirate - all Ynnead themed.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Really nice designs, IMO. And it's interesting how the designers have used elements from Dark Eldar, Craftworlder, and Harlequin styles (plus a couple of elements, like the feathers on Yvraine, and the cloak on the Visarch, which look a little Exodite) in all three - all of them are very distinctly Eldar, but none of them are clearly of one faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom