• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

40k is Going Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Bit of headcanon that just popped in there:

The Enlightened Democratic Republic of the Greater Good is called the Tau Empire by the forces of man because Low Gothic actually lacks a word for "democracy," although they do have at least 37 words for "despotism." None of this changes the fact that the Tau aren't in any meaningful way a republic.
I LIKE that one!

CrazyIvan

C. different
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I look at the Tau like the early Roman Empire or the Beitish Empire around thr turn of the last century. They made excuses for their empire and the resulting domination of other cultures as "bringing civilization to the enlightened masses... whether they like it or not."
I always wanted 'Tau Consortium' or something like that, because more recent Tau fluff feels...a lot like organized crime. They've got nice stuff, they've kept the unsavory elements out of the neighborhood, and would like to talk to you about a trade agreement. Say, that's a really nice space station you have there, shame if anything were to happen to it. Have you met my associate Jimmy Railguns?

Marc A. Vezina

Lapsed Industry Veteran
Validated User
Out of curiosity, anyone ever seen a good example of tau-loyal humans (Gue'vesa)?
Check Google, there are a few examples of Guardmen models with Tau Firewarrior torso, gun, and arm shield. I remember someone using upper legs as well to get the lower armor, cutting off the Tau feet and replacing them with Guardsman boots. Works well.

CrazyIvan

C. different
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Check Google, there are a few examples of Guardmen models with Tau Firewarrior torso, gun, and arm shield. I remember someone using upper legs as well to get the lower armor, cutting off the Tau feet and replacing them with Guardsman boots. Works well.
I've also seen one that was actually a very well done "Hasty Conversion". Lots of Tau symbols painted on with stencils, blacking out (but not defacing) Aquillas, etc. A planet that had just converted and is trying to get their PDF up and running swiftly.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Out of curiosity, anyone ever seen a good example of tau-loyal humans (Gue'vesa)?
To my understanding, while it's a popular idea with the community, the background tends to lean a different way. "Gue'vesa" literally just means "human helper", and Gue'vesa troops are relatively uncommon.

IMO, The Tau don't entirely abandon the restrictions of Caste when it comes to vassal species. Some species are employed in battle alongside the Fire Caste, like the Kroot and the Vespid. Others like the Nicassar fly alongside the Air Caste. Humans... humans are numerous, rugged, and industrious, so clearly, they fit into the Earth Caste paradigm. They're factory workers, farmers, and labourers of all kinds, at least on frontier worlds where production isn't dominated by drone labour.

Strangething

Reptillian Humanoid
Validated User
I look at the Tau like the early Roman Empire or the Beitish Empire around thr turn of the last century. They made excuses for their empire and the resulting domination of other cultures as "bringing civilization to the enlightened masses... whether they like it or not."
Exactly. Rome was exactly what I was thinking of when I suggested the name Tau Republic.

Bit of headcanon that just popped in there:

The Enlightened Democratic Republic of the Greater Good is called the Tau Empire by the forces of man because Low Gothic actually lacks a word for "democracy," although they do have at least 37 words for "despotism." None of this changes the fact that the Tau aren't in any meaningful way a republic.
Headcanon accepted!

And the Tau totally have a democracy, it's just that filthy aliens don't get a vote. And they only count as 3/5th of a person.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
And the Tau totally have a democracy, it's just that filthy aliens don't get a vote. And they only count as 3/5th of a person.
And all votes are subject to the will of the Ethereal Caste, because the Aun know what is best for all Tau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom