• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[40k] Is it possible to make a Technomancer psyker some how in one of the game settings?

mrlost

Hi I'm Lost
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've been thinking I would expect some sort of tech controlling psyker would be an option, but I don't see it in my Dark Heresy or Black Crusade books. Anyone know if there is an elite advance or part of the lore that support it?

Shadowrender

Misanthropovore
Banned
Validated User
It's been a while since I read into the 40k lore, but lore-wise there's nothing preventing it, I think.

Do you mean someone from the ordo mechanicus that has psychic powers or a regular psyker that controls machinery?

mrlost

Hi I'm Lost
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's been a while since I read into the 40k lore, but lore-wise there's nothing preventing it, I think.

Do you mean someone from the ordo mechanicus that has psychic powers or a regular psyker that controls machinery?
A psyker that controls tech, they could be Mechanicus or just regular Sanctioned. I was wondering if there was some lore reason why/why not. I'm running concurrent Dark Heresy and Black Crusade games, and a player in the Black Crusade game had a concept that required it. If I can't find anything I'll house rule.

Last edited:

LordofArcana

Validated User
Lore-wise, wasn't this the reason why robots are forbidden? Namely Chaos can manipulate them extremely easily.

The Boatman

Banned
If you mean control it telekenetically, no there is nothing stopping you.

If you mean "speak to the machine" yes, there is something stopping you. Most (all) machines in the Imperium that require a computer are set up so that there is a biological brain and computer brain meshed together in there somewhere. Specifically so that computers cannot be controlled through Warp powers. Apparently, having a cyborg brain control everything makes them impossible to be controlled by powers.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Colchite Servo-Master is alternative career cenetrand around psychically controling servitors with psychic implant.
And Cog whisperer Elite Advance has the charcetr have psychic link with peice of technology that allows the mentain and repair it much better.

Both are in Navis Primer.

mrlost

Hi I'm Lost
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Colchite Servo-Master is alternative career cenetrand around psychically controling servitors with psychic implant.
And Cog whisperer Elite Advance has the charcetr have psychic link with peice of technology that allows the mentain and repair it much better.

Both are in Navis Primer.
Cool. Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I hope.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just keep in mind that this is super forbidden by the Adeptus Mechanicus. (And thus, a favourite pastime of Hereteks everywhere.)

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just keep in mind that this is super forbidden by the Adeptus Mechanicus. (And thus, a favourite pastime of Hereteks everywhere.)
Neither the Colchite Servo-Master Career nor the Cog Whisperer advance net you an Enemy (Adeptus Mechnicus) talent which happens with Heretek career/advances.

johnnype

Emaciated do gooder
Validated User
In my readings of the fluff I've never come across anything like this. That said, there are plenty of psykers with cybernetics (Eisenhorn anyone?) so I don't really see a problem extending that a bit further to include control of tech.

I'm downloading DH2.0 as I write this and haven't kept up with what the final version (as opposed to the Beta) looks like but I believe psyker is an addon and not it's own career? I might be mistaking that with pariah.

Top Bottom