• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

4e D&D online?

LizardBite

Validated User
Ah shit, this is what I get for not logging on at all yesterday. I would be interested, yes! I'm free after 8pm EST on weekdays and after 6pm EST on weekends. Exceptions are Wednesdays, which I have off. I also get every other weekend off, but I figure that's adding unnecessary variables.

I'm kind of interested in playing a Changeling Swordmage. If that's a no-go for whatever reason, then maybe a Shadar-Kai Barbarian.

ezekiel

Follower of the Way
Validated User
@AliphanG: Any idea what level and rules tweaks you're thinking of? I'm tinkering around with various options, figure it's good to know if you have any particular tweaks that might be in play, and what general level range we're looking at. (Not that we'll have big odds of levelling up, just for context.)

AilphanG

Eventually you'll be dead
Validated User
@AliphanG: Any idea what level and rules tweaks you're thinking of? I'm tinkering around with various options, figure it's good to know if you have any particular tweaks that might be in play, and what general level range we're looking at. (Not that we'll have big odds of levelling up, just for context.)
Let's say... Inherent Bonuses, and the usual rarity restrictions on purchased magic items are in effect. Characters can have a Background and a Theme. No Dragonmarks or similar ultra-setting-specific stuff. If you're playing a Revenant and your build relies on being at 0 HP for the entire session, you are required to bribe me before I'll allow it.

Does level 6 work for people? It's a nice point where you have multiples of everything (At-Will, Encounter, Daily, Utility, Feats) without being overwhelming.

I don't really houserule the game on the player end -- I prefer to customize the challenges and let the player-side rules stand as written. If your heart is set on playing a truly, inadvisably underpowered build, I might show some pity with an extra magic item or something. Likewise, if a build really relies on a particular Uncommon magic item to be playable, I will consider it, but only if it's not very good. That is, if you want an ice dagger so that your Rogue always has combat advantage, I will probably say no, but if you want a songbow for your weird archer bard, I will probably be fine with it.

I don't want a full-on backstory (please, please do not write a full-on backstory), but a few sentences that describe your character's motivation and disposition would be appreciated.

Edit: Maybe we should move game-specific stuff into a separate thread, actually. Half of the people in this thread aren't planning to be in this game, so I don't want to hijack the thread away from them.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
That would seem fair... golly, now I have to remember how Inherent Bonuses even work :D

What books/sources allowed?
More importantly what do we do for a session 0 in terms of figuring out how the characters know each other and their roles etc?

Tricksy and False

Social Justice Murderhobo
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes, I can do 6PM-10PM ET. I'll need a quick 5 min break at 7:30 ET to feed my cat, but I'll try to make that non-disruptive.

Sounds like we should come to the first game with characters ready to go?

ezekiel

Follower of the Way
Validated User
The primary house rule I expect about 50% of the time is "automatically get Expertise/Improved Defense feat at level N/X," which is the main reason I asked for that.

Top Bottom