• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [4e/PbtA] City of Necromancers: The Renewal of Compacts

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Hey Atlicoatl,
I feel like this is a good time to roll a Move, but I don't have a specific track down these guys move, but Scout Ahead seems to fit; what do you think?

Also I like the undead riding chameleon, our home town is becoming a weirder and weirder place in my mind.

Lysus

Unbelievably Fancy Ostrich
Validated User
I don't think Myrineth has a mount - I just narrated what basically amounts to a very limited but long duration Levitate spell, which I hope falls within the acceptable bounds of what I can do without actually rolling a move.

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
I'm traveling all day tomorrow, and then attending an orientation/training for my new job M-F. I'll have internet access in the evenings, but have no idea as to my energy level or availability. Please expect infrequent posting, at best, this week.

I thought I was going to be able to catch up on things today, but it's been a busy day. My apologies. Things should normalize for me within a week or two.
I'd intended to post today, but it's been a race against time. I will be staying up to date with this game once I commence travel and get situated at my destination.

Atlictoatl

Validated User
What about an undead riding chameleon, that changed color dependent on the environment it was in?
That sounds very cool!
Alrighty. Make it so! as lizards go, it's more of a riding steed than a war steed, and it's more cautious and alert than aggressive. It could be either alive or undead, your choice.

I was thinking of a Fiend horse familiar actually.
Also I like the undead riding chameleon, our home town is becoming a weirder and weirder place in my mind.
I'm going to suggest that the chameleon is more of Sehanine-associated steed. I like the idea of you each having your own distinguishing steeds, though there's also the possibility that you chose to have the same mounts in order to better obfuscate your associations and the differences between you.

I'll ask that the three of you let me know what you're thinking.

With regards to possible mounts for Dreadhur, here's a possible list:

Charger (a warhorse)
Dire Wolf
Giant Ant
Giant Riding Lizard
Rage Drake (this would likely pose some problems in the confined spaces of a ship, though)

I could see the Fiendish, Shadow, or Undead tags being applied to any of those.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
How about a Giant Ant with the Shadow tag? I don't know what that would mean in practice, but I'm picturing a really freakin' big ant which suddenly emerges from the shadows to carry off a pig or goat in its mandibles and carry it off to its darkened nest. Also, six legs for better traction.

EDIT: What about the roll to track the Ghouls? Should I roll +WIS for scouting?

Atlictoatl

Validated User
I don't think Myrineth has a mount - I just narrated what basically amounts to a very limited but long duration Levitate spell, which I hope falls within the acceptable bounds of what I can do without actually rolling a move.
Myrineth not having a mount is fine, I think.

Myrineth whispers a bargain to one of the spirits in her tow and slowly rises to float about a foot off the muddy ground.
This to me seems clearly like calling upon the spirits to manifest their power, or an Invoke move. I'd probably assign a simple Levitation a hubris of 2, but I don't think Levitation is going to provide what you want, as in D&D it has always only been about floating above the ground with vertical movement. To get lateral movement, you'd need to be tied off to somebody's mount.

You probably want something more like Air Walking (hubris 3-4) or Flying (hubris 4-5). I could see spirits helping you to walk on air or fly for a very short period (a combat round or two), but am having trouble picturing them supporting you for sustained travel. 4e also really shortened flight durations on powers.

I've been thinking the best fit for what you want to do here is summoning a Spirit Steed (hubris 1). I could see Myrineth on a spirit Blade Spider, or it could be a lizard or horse, or a baboon. I'm trying to think of Underdark-y things, but coming up a little short.

I feel like this is a good time to roll a Move, but I don't have a specific track down these guys move, but Scout Ahead seems to fit; what do you think?
I need to look through FotF, Perilous Wilds, and Dungeon World for what's there on things like 'chases' or 'pursuing folks' and the like. Worse comes to worst, though, I'll probably call it a Get Lucky roll, which will often be the 'hrm, not sure what Move to do' roll.

Where do you see a Scout Ahead move?

Also, I owe Tama a response to spending Perceive hold.

Atlictoatl