• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [4e/PbtA] City of Necromancers: The Renewal of Compacts

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
I was looking for how to "Turn Undead" using Freebooters, I would like Dreadhur to use that to assert his control over the ghouls.

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Fiction first!

It'll be an Invoke move for you, since your god has power over the undead. But I'd like to see what exactly you're doing before determining the hubris involved. Are you talking to them, or...

Can you identify the below?

For Vecna, I'm going to suggest the following:
  • Tenet: Never reveal all you know
  • Domains: choose two of Undead, Secrets, Necromancy, Intrigue, Corruption, Dominance
There's probably a fine balance in there between keeping knowledge from other PCs/players that's harmful to the game versus provoking interesting situations/quandaries because Dreadhur wasn't being entirely transparent.
Also:
You need to identify your three Tricks of the Trade (from Thief playbook)

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
OK, he's going to raise the banner of Rahesh and try to call the ghouls back to the standard, trusting to his authority as a priest of Vecna and Animator-General to get them to fall in and follow his commands like a bunch of drunk sailors on shore leave. He can probably hack any disobedient ones to pieces. If this goes wrong, he's on ant-back and will run like hell.

Tricks of the Trade: Stealth, Poison, Negotiation. He's got the zombies to scout ahead for traps.

Domains I thought I specified before, Undead and Domination.

Last edited:

Atlictoatl