• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

5e Glyph Armor Iron Wizard.

ThurstonShadwick

Validated User
Mechanically, its very easy to manage. At its least egregious it’s 200gp per combat/per character you buff. The last campaign I ran ended at 10th and the PCs only had that kind of money for the last 2 sessions, but to each their own.

ElvisSavage LordSideburn

Dilletante of all trades
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Currently, AL gives out Treasure points and very little money. You can turn your TP into gold, but that's TP you would otherwise be saving for magic items. Even at T3, this would be expensive. A DM who dos not desire this would have anti-magic zones turn the buffs off; I can think of three modules I have played with such right off the top of my head. Just add one here and there and the players would never know....and when they go broke, it's not a problem.

ThurstonShadwick

Validated User
Eh, I think there are better solutions than “in this fight, casters do nothing but pew pew with a crossbow.”

AMFs as an enemy advantage; where it’s about breaking concentration, or dragging the target out of the area are okay. A battle in a room that nopes every kind of magic is bad design.

Mejiro

I think I'm a Drow now
Validated User
Anything that's 'several classes loose core functionality' tends to be irritating, especially with fighting involved. If it's a puzzle room that has to be actually solved rather than bullshit-magic'd away, that's a bit irritating, but less lethal, but flat-out eliminating large chunks of a character sheet is rather poor form.

Top Bottom