#8: Promotion, Promotion, Promotion

Sandy

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hi,

I only discovered your column today (whoops!), read them all in one go, it's great! I ended up forwarding your leadership column to someone at NASA because it touches on some general group issues that are timely.

For this month's col specifically, your promotion advice is very useful and could also apply to running in-store events or, to some degree, preparing promotion for an upcoming Con. Nice stuff on lead times and such. Great column series! I can't wait for the next.

Cheers,
Sandy

Kid Twist

Validated User
Hi,

I only discovered your column today (whoops!), read them all in one go, it's great! I ended up forwarding your leadership column to someone at NASA because it touches on some general group issues that are timely.

For this month's col specifically, your promotion advice is very useful and could also apply to running in-store events or, to some degree, preparing promotion for an upcoming Con. Nice stuff on lead times and such. Great column series! I can't wait for the next.

Cheers,
Sandy
Thanks for the kind words! It helps to get some positive feedback every now and then. I hope the NASA folks appreciate it, though should a spacecraft explode due to a group using my advice, I disavow any conceit that I am a professional in the area. :)

I have been batting around ideas about conventions, and I'm not sure I want to handle them. For one, I don't have any experience, and two, they are hugely different beasts from a regular society plan. However, every new group seems to think that they can start the next GenCon in their backyard, so I'm thinking of generic advice for large-ish events, and if interest warrants, maybe farm out an article about cons to someone with more practical experience.

Top Bottom