80s films less talked about now.

Ficino

Rascally Rabbit
Validated User
Does anyone talk about The Hunger now? It was lauded as a new take on vampires in its day.

Slippery_jim_digriz

Stahle Ratte
Validated User
I don't know if anyone has mentioned Clue yet. Great movie with an all star cast including Tim Curry.

Another favorite if mine from the 80's is Zorro the Gay Blade with George Hamilton.

A movie I don't think I've seen since the early 90's is Iron Eagle with Lou Gossett Jr.
There is no shame in being poor! Only in dressing poorly!

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wonders how Charlottes Web and/or Rats of Nimh are doing.
The book of Charlotte's Web still gets around; I haven't heard anything about the old animation, though.

I've seen the movie of Rats of Nimh show up now and then; I haven't heard anything about the book, though.

jimthegray

Validated User
I don't know if anyone has mentioned Clue yet. Great movie with an all star cast including Tim Curry.

Another favorite if mine from the 80's is Zorro the Gay Blade with George Hamilton.

A movie I don't think I've seen since the early 90's is Iron Eagle with Lou Gossett Jr.
I still quote zorro the gay blade, such a funny movie

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hrm, horror wise, Vampire's Kiss is pretty much the only non comedy vampire that dropped off the earth, ...
Is that the one where Nicholas Cage ate a live cockroach onscreen?

If it is, I remember it as an excruciatingly artistique attempt to make an is-it-or-isn’t-it film, which basically ended up as a solid and sordid “isn’t.”

I mean, if you want to watch an immensely unlikeable guy do horrible things as he has a breakdown and thinks he’s a vampire, more power to you.

Top Bottom