• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

80s films less talked about now.

jimthegray

Validated User
I saw Ruthless People in the theater when it came out. It was one of the first movies I watched on my own (the second, the first being Labyrinth, the third being Spies Like Us). Not because I had much in the way of rules for going to the movies, I just usually burned all my allowance on candy and comic books. :D
And I laughed so freaking hard. The fight in the house between the nicest kidnappers you'd ever see and the meanest kidnapping victim ever, the whole confused storyline about the "snuff" video tape, Judge Reinhold selling useless hi-fi gear to a kid with a pregnant girlfriend...just scene after scene that had me rolling. And then that beautiful con-job finale. It's still a movie I watch every now and then.

The fourth movie I watched on my own and that joined my personal all-time favorites was Inner Space. Dennis Quaid going from jackass test pilot to person who gives a damn about others than himself and Martin Short going from neurotic paranoiac to Jack Putter, Action Man is just a great storyline. Kevin McCarthy does such amazing sneering villains, and the wonderful Bond-Villain parody henchman (the vibrator attachment still gets me giggling hysterically).
Also, El Gaucho. Robert Picardo is a freaking comedy genius. "I'm an old cow hand. From the Rio Grand..."
Are you the police? .

No the national rifle association...

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
The upcoming remake/sequel has brought Top Gun back into public view, but how many people still recall 'Top Drink'--that is Cocktail from 1988?
I do, if only because my sister had it on heavy repeat for a time when we were kids. And it did have local legend Bryan Brown at maybe the peak of his US fame.

Probably why I also gave the later film Coyote Ugly a chance, it even also had an Aussie guy in the cast.

Voros

Validated User
Rewatched Agnes of God on TCM recently. Great performances by Jane Fonda and Meg Tilly.

Noliar

Validated User
I do, if only because my sister had it on heavy repeat for a time when we were kids. And it did have local legend Bryan Brown at maybe the peak of his US fame.

Probably why I also gave the later film Coyote Ugly a chance, it even also had an Aussie guy in the cast.
I loved FX - Murder by Illusion as a kid.

Top Bottom