The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welcome to the new threads!

Please note the following:
1. There is some repeated material in the style guide and house rules, but I do encourage everyone to give them a read-through. There's new stuff hidden in there, and a brief refresher as we kick off will harm no one. All topics in there (and anything else as well) are open for discussion here. If you think one of my house rules (or one of the RAW) is terrible, then please say so!

2. All PCs, as noted, have whatever mundane equipment they like. Each PC also begins with 16 gold crowns worth of money and treasure, which you can have in any reasonable form. Information on coinage and gems are on pages 14 and 15 of In the Labyrinth. We will continue to be using an upkeep cost system rather than beancounting. Consider yourselves paid up for the first month of the game, so there is no necessity to worry about paying for drinks, inn stays, arrows, or similar game-cluttering garbage.

3. This includes, for those PCs who can cast the Staff spell, their Staff. You may wish to describe how your staff appears, and you should certainly list which spells are contained in it on your character's Wiki entry. Holy Shit the Staff spell is good. Ivan and Esme both, I believe, have spellbooks, and they will contain the following spells:
Ivan: Waterproofing, Create Air, Pure Water, Find Mineral
Esme: Detect Magic, Bless Crops, Cleansing, Ice

4. The party found several potions in the Mad Stitcher's Lair: One potion of Aqua Vitae, 2 potions of Healing Waters, 2 potions of Water Breathing, and a potion of Control Animal. Gworg's Dwarven Axe does +2 damage.

5. I'm basically really tired of working on the game at this point (I'm really ready to play, just burned out on the things that are like work), so I'll try and get the updated talents stuff onto the wiki by tomorrow night.

The Wyzard

Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You guys will need to head over to the wiki and get your PCs set up. If you take your time and don't all jump in at once, we can hopefully avoid people editing over each other. I'm sure we'll get it all worked out within a couple days.

Oh, and if you don't want to screw around with coinage conversion, just leave your money as "16 gold crowns" on your sheet.

We never had a formal vote, but my instinct was that the city to the north was by far the favorite option. If I'm mistaken, then let me know. You guys can totally turn around and do something else.

Hellzon

Barbarian Illuminati
Validated User
I ran off and put up a basic charsheet on the Wiki. I hope I'm not making a horrible mistake by putting on a leather jerkin - -1 damage, -1 Dx, damn stylish. ;) At least it's easy to reverse that choice if I find myself missing by one point a lot.

Yeah, the Staff spell looks a lot like a class ability in disguise, if this game had classes.

Going to catch some sleep before I put up mundane equipment.

Celeste

Not Anymore
I'm cool with the city to the north or Karnak, whichever the group most prefers. It's going to be interesting traveling without the wagon train.

Megara's wearing a leather jerkin, too. If things get really scary in the first combat, she's switching to chain!

The Wyzard

Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I aim for this to be a lighter, tighter, more focused game, at least in regards to how many actors there are involved. The party is now down to seven PCs and a kid with a lantern. I hope that by stripping the party down to a more manageable size, we'll be able to spend more time on the individual characters, and less time on equipment, portage, and hirelings.

Hellzon

Barbarian Illuminati
Validated User
I like that. I admit having a small army of men-at-arms around was amusing, but it was an enormous hassle.
I'll miss Amroce, though. :eek:

Edit: Just have to get this out in the open. Am I completely off my rocker thinking that TFT feels a lot like True20/Blue Rose?

Hellzon

Barbarian Illuminati
Validated User
Information on coinage and gems are on pages 14 and 15 of In the Labyrinth.
Oh, about that, are we missing Volume 1 of In the Labyrinth? All I see is Volume 2, and it starts at page 59. (And page 14-15 according to the reader covers Japanese weapons and armor.)

The Wyzard

Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We shouldn't be. It's just "In the Labyrinth." The first half doesn't specify volume.

efindel

Validated User
Edit: Just have to get this out in the open. Am I completely off my rocker thinking that TFT feels a lot like True20/Blue Rose?
Random Interested Guy says no. In fact, when 3e was new, and I was trying to describe it to friends who hadn't read it, and weren't sure if they wanted to switch to it, I described it as "D&D crossbred with The Fantasy Trip". True20/BR simply goes further in diverging from classic D&D in that direction....

(Later on, I described "Castles & Crusades" as "what 3e would have been, if they'd crossbred D&D with Tunnels & Trolls instead of TFT".)

Top Bottom