a heroic fantasy series where evil had won ?

ashimbabbar

Validated User
Wasn't there some heroic fantasy series where the evil empire had won, with some of the characters the more or less reluctant empire peacekeepers who stumbled over some sort of plot, and the other characters belonging to la résistance ? I remember seeing some presentation of it on the Web, around 2015 I think

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
It rings a bell, but what I’m thinking of was a game, I think. Can’t remember the title, though. Also sounds a little like the Netflix She-ra.

ashimbabbar

Validated User
I don't think it was Mistborn or the Black Company as I think there was mention of dwarves and elves - IIRC the bad guys were leaving them alone at least for the time being although they gave some limited support to the rebellion. Still as I seem to remember it it was mostly human+orcs in the background vs humans

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn?
That was my first thought, although
Spoiler: Show
as the series goes on, it becomes debatable whether the Lord Ruler is outright evil or just doing what's necessary to keep a bigger evil at bay.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
That was my first thought, although
Spoiler: Show
as the series goes on, it becomes debatable whether the Lord Ruler is outright evil or just doing what's necessary to keep a bigger evil at bay.
Also, almost none of the characters who are remotely protagonists in Mistborn worked for the Lord Ruler.

Top Bottom