• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

*Kickstarter* A "software + mapping content" combo to create gorgeous hex maps for tabletop RPGs

heruca

Validated User
GMs looking to quickly and easily create beautiful area or regional-scale hex maps should check out this Kickstarter campaign (just click on the image below).

The software runs on Windows and Mac OS X (not on mobile devices). It's already developed and available; the crowdfunding campaign is only to fund the development/porting of the new hex tile mapping content.

There are no shipping costs involved, since it's all digital downloads. Quick delivery of rewards is expected (April).

Mordrid

Oddity
Validated User
Would back if it ran natively on Linux. There is decent amount of gamers on Linux but none of the mapping tools are ported for us.

heruca

Validated User
I'm afraid my development tool won't compile for Linux. But the software runs fine via Wine or Virtualbox, I'm told.

heruca

Validated User
Stretch Goal #2 achieved! That means a 12th free content Add-On for everyone. :D

heruca

Validated User
That may well be an option in the future for content designed to be used that way. But if you look at the specific content being offered in this KS campaign, it cannot possibly be used flat side up, short of re-painting every single asset with that orientation in mind.

Top Bottom