• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

A Yank discovers "The Supersizers".

Dirk Desiato

Gigan!
Validated User
After searching around for videos on ancient Roman food I stumbled upon the British TV show "The Supersizers". What a fun show! I have watched almost all of the episodes and have fallen head over heels in love with Sue. Yes, I am a very happily married man and she is gay, but I would so give her a hug!

I do not know how this show was received in the UK, but as a USian I love this show. :)

Preterite

No Future
Validated User
I started crushing on Sue Perkins when I heard her on an old episode of a BBC radio comedy/quiz - she did an amazing Chewbacca growl and a dead-perfect Obi-Wan and got the quotes right. Nerdlove!

I also caught that Roman Supersizers episode and it was great fun.

prototype00

Validated User
I started crushing on Sue Perkins when I heard her on an old episode of a BBC radio comedy/quiz - she did an amazing Chewbacca growl and a dead-perfect Obi-Wan and got the quotes right. Nerdlove!

I also caught that Roman Supersizers episode and it was great fun.
I actually thought she was quite dishy. I was gutted when I heard she bats for the other team.

prototype00

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
I actually thought she was quite dishy. I was gutted when I heard she bats for the other team.

prototype00
I, on the other hand, was quite pleased. :D

And, as a UKian, I also love the show. And Giles.
The history, the food, the humour, the chemistry between Sue and Giles ... this show is great.

coeli

Persisting, somehow
Validated User
Brilliant, brilliant show. And yes, much love for Sue. Giles is at his most amusing when forced to eat something awful.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
*Rudimentary googling and research*

...Holy crap, this show looks awesome. Food history is one of those things I'm really not that familliar with- but I'd like to be. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

(Also, I'm not in love with Sue. Yet).

Groat

Alt-Wrong
Validated User
Yeah, awesome show. It was too bad they could only manage two series. There were vague rumblings of Sue and Giles teaming up for something else but that never came to fruition, sadly.

It is positively hilarious when the booze starts flowing. I think it might be Regency when Sue is forced to endure toast after toast and is positively smashed less than half-way into the meal.

What a great job. Dress up in costumes, eat weird food, make pithy comments. I'm envious but also highly entertained.

Elbast

Original Factory Setting
Validated User
I remember hearing one TV pundit joking that they got her on the show as the one woman in Britain who wouldn't actually want to marry Giles Coren.
I suspect his sister Victoria would count too... (who else watched Only Connect just to ogle and listen?) :eek:

Top Bottom