• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Aberrant 2nd Edition (Comic / Kickstarter is Running)

White-Corax

Validated User
Onyx Path Publishing is releasing a comic page by page for Aberrant 2nd Edition. I understand it is aimed as an introductory story, though I am not clear if it will be THE introductory story in the Aberrant 2nd Edition Core Rulebook. I understand it will run up to the Kickstarter for the game.

I was wondering if maybe it might be fun to pick it apart for clues and speculate about it.

Cover Page
Page 1
Page 2

So - what do we see? A reporter is driving up to a house for an Interview, and it turns out to be with Antaeus.

Something I immediately noticed was that the theme of the comic seems to be much darker. I do like the art-style. But I feel the comic radiates a strangely sinister picture. I am not sure how to best put it - but everything in these pages gives off a sinister, menacing feeling. From the shadows, to the point of view.

I am not saying this is necessarily bad. Just - noticing that it seems strange for the rather more bold and colorful artwork, I came to associate with Trinity Continuum. I am at least curious on how it will develop.

Last edited:

White-Corax

Validated User
I know that it could be rather dark. But the Continuum was always portrayed as not a bleak place - but also as a hopeful place. Granted I had hoped (and still do) that they will step away from making Project Utopia an Evil Conspiracy.

Mr Read it

Validated User
The art style is rather in tone with previous aberrant art in 1st edition of Alex Sheikman. I like it and hope for frequent updates with some juicy info on the aberrant/nova condition.

Fabius Maximus

Validated User
I don't think Utopia has to be evil for this to be a darker period--we know, that in canon, the Nova age ends poorly, and a big part of that is the problem of humans trying to coexist with beings that are abuot as close to a god as you can get.

MrTim

Validated User
I have a hunch, based mostly on the title, that it's going to turn out that the reporter doesn't trust Utopia and/or is secretly a Nova herself. If the former, Antaeus will also prove to be suspicious of Utopia.

GreenOzzy

What a Revoltin' Development
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pretty decompressed storytelling. I wonder how long this is going to be? Standard 22 page?

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User
Pretty decompressed storytelling. I wonder how long this is going to be? Standard 22 page?
Well, the meeting notes said

The webcomic will run every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for about six weeks, coinciding with the TC: Aberrant Kickstarter starting the first week in July.
So I guess... yeah probably 22-25 pages or so, if it runs four days a week for six weeks.

Tarion

Validated User
Yeah, I don't want to be negative (Because, let's be real - This is getting my money. Lots of it), but it's hard to get hyped about so little. I'm a little concerned it'll be counterproductive, and have people lose interest.

Might have been stronger done over 4 weeks, with a big release at the start to get people onboard before slowing down to the 4-per-week rate.

Then again, I'm not a marketing guy. Maybe this works better in general, even if it doesn't work for me.

Top Bottom