• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Aberrant] Divis Mal's arms

Bicorn

Validated User
After spending a while trying to find the answer on google, I decided to ask here.
So, what's the deal with the occasionally surfacing meme about Divis Mal's arms?
Note - I don't own the Aberrant rulebook, so can't look there.

Someone on the white wolf boards a long time ago posted a thread "Divis Mal is Gay? WTF!?!" or somesuch and someone countered his bigotry by posting "Divis Mal has Arms? WTF!?!" That's all there is to it.

SJE

Bibliomancer
Validated User
Didnt the Teragen book cover also make it look like he had some extra arms?

Didnt the Teragen book cover also make it look like he had some extra arms?
No, that was...something... standing behind him. It was either a weird picture of Leviathan or possibly and alternate form of Scripture (which may have just been a theory of my GM and I).

1. I remember when that happened.
2. I miss Aberrant :(
I miss the setting, can't say I miss the unbalance morass of the rules. I'm waiting for that new version of Wild Talents to come out and then I will...well I'm not sure what I'll do.

San Dee Jota

Validated User
I miss the setting, can't say I miss the unbalance morass of the rules. I'm waiting for that new version of Wild Talents to come out and then I will...well I'm not sure what I'll do.
Sad thing is, I'm not sure I miss either anymore.

The default setting had so much developmental fiat (nova's don't notice they're sterilized, nova's aren't smart enough to realize that people are trying to control and manipulate them, etc. etc.), combined with Mary Sues and power creep in the name of challenging players through combat, as well as tongue-in-cheek humor and dated references (Bollywood replacing Hollywood, nova wrestling, etc.), that I tend to find it a big silly mess these day.

Which is a shame, as I loved the core idea of people across the world suddenly gaining super powers, mutating and going insane as those powers grew to incredible levels which destroyed their humanity, and finally culminating in a huge war between the novas and the aberrants and humanity which nearly devestated the planet.

The rules were a mess. But character creation was fun, especially when you consider what the super RPG competition was like.

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The truth?

Divas Mal likes to hug.

He's a snuggle puppy.

-B

Top Bottom