• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Ace Attorney Coming to Steam

sun_tzu

Validated User
I'm still on my Ace Attorney break, but I'm already thinking of the next game I should be playing (on my Android tablet, unless Capcom surprises me by suddenly releasing the other games on Steam too in the unrealistically near future). Do people recommend playing Ace Attorney Investigations first (in-universe chronological order), or Apollo Justice (production order)?

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd say Ace Attorney Investigations. It feels like a logical extension of Miles guest-starring in the final case of T&T, and has many cameos and Easter eggs that work better with the first trilogy fresh in mind. Also, from how you've judged the cases you've played, I'm under the impression that you'll like it the more out of the two games.

Apollo Justice went in such a completely different direction that it's probably better that you tackle it after you're "done" with the original setup.

(Meanwhile, I'm slowly replaying through Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, having just finished the first trial. In retrospect, I'm struck by how the CG models - this was the first 3DS AA game - make the witnesses on the stand so much more lively now. That's something you can look forward to for Dual Destinies & Spirit of Justice.)

sun_tzu

Validated User
*nods*
I just finished playing Professor Layton and the Case of the Curious Village yesterday (it's also on Android). I kind of got a Hayao Miyazaki vibe from it.

Valmond

Validated User
I dunno, Investigation really is a spin off game. The plot and gameplay go in a completely different direction than the original trilogy. Apollo Justice is basically the same kind of game but with a new lead, and a different mood. I love both games, and I'd say Apollo Justice is the more moody and elegant one, while Investigation is the more big bombastic fun one. I'd do Apollo Justice first because I feel Investigation is it's own completely different beast. But it can also be a break from the world of defense attorneys.

Top Bottom