• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

ACKS & Autarch Added to Forbidden Topics List

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Frankly, considering how wildly unusual and outright unprecedented it is for an actual rpg to be banned from mention on the largest rpg website in the English speaking world, poking is the least you should expect, and the least someone interested should do.

Edit: To be clear, the logic makes sense, potential legal threats make talking about it a bad idea, and I'll abide by it. This is the last post I'll even mention it for that reason.

But I'll defend the fact that people would be necessarily surprised and wish to ask stuff like this. It's natural and the opposite of bad faith.
There is a difference between poking at something to see why it was done and poking as if to hit every rules-lawyering hypothetical that a fevered brain could come up with. It appeared as if we were starting to enter that stage of mod-decision-discussion and we wanted to cut it off as soon as possible. Rules-lawyering hypotheticals are a way of our people, but the mods do not enjoy sifting through them, waiting for someone to come up with a Gotcha!

0Megabyte

Stardust Princeling
Validated User
There is a difference between poking at something to see why it was done and poking as if to hit every rules-lawyering hypothetical that a fevered brain could come up with. It appeared as if we were starting to enter that stage of mod-decision-discussion and we wanted to cut it off as soon as possible. Rules-lawyering hypotheticals are a way of our people, but the mods do not enjoy sifting through them, waiting for someone to come up with a Gotcha!
Fair, of course.

Quantum Bob

Fear and Loathing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With an implicit threat of legal action, however spurious, the topic ban is pretty much warranted and entirely on Autarch himself.

Law Orc

Quasi-Possum
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With an implicit threat of legal action, however spurious, the topic ban is pretty much warranted and entirely on Autarch himself.
The moral of the story is not to carry water for white supremacists and then repeatedly threaten to sue the board.

Last edited:

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
The alternative would be for RPGNet to allow only favourable depiction of game, designer and company, and that's not something you should get to threaten a message board into doing.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm going to lock this thread before anybody else says anything that requires me to day-drink or ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom