• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

IC After The Storm (Villains & Vigilantes 3.0)

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
OOC: I assume Alan is either going to b stopped by the police or arrive after they leave. I'll post to act once I know.

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Arranging an opening... With enough delay to provide extra details and give Abby a moment with Harry :)

The next person to arrive looked like he was either a detective or a crime scene investigator. Taking a look inside the car with its dead driver inside, he commented: "Shot from an elevated angle. Probably from one of the rooftops. The bullet went through the man and the driver's seat and struck the back seat." Kneeling down to look under the car, he then exclaimed: "Hell's bells! The round went through the entire car and sunk into the street! Must be a high power rifle."

"Can't be," One of the uniformed officers said. "A high power rifle cannot be silenced, and we have no reports of gunshots."

At that moment, another car sped in, stopped, and two familiar figures stepped out. "Branch and Waterman," Detective Branch identified them. "Central Investigation."

"Wilson," the man already at the scene said. "Who flagged Central?"

"Shooting in this neighborhood," Waterman said. "People of import got involved."

"Ah," Wilson nodded, putting on a pair of gloves. Getting out a set of tools he grouched down and reached under the car. "Feel free to look around. I will try to dig this bullet out."

Branch walked over to the large man lying on his stomach and pulled up one of the dead man's sleeves. "Prison tattoos," he said.

"And look at this." Waterman had walked over to the dead woman, reached a pen into her purse, and pulled it out. A silenced pistol was dangling from the pen. "A hit or an abduction. Pretty bold move in an area as secure and well patrolled as this."

"Amateurs or professionals," Branch said. "I bet on the latter. But who shot them?"

"What the devil?" Wilson said. He pulled something out from under the car, dropped it in a transparent bag and looked at it more closely. "I am not familiar with this kind of round. Longer than standard, surprisingly heavy, and apparently extremely hard. It went through the car and the pavement and still kept its shape. Just some fractures. Take a look." Wilson walked over to the detectives and showed his find to them. "Have you ever seen a bullet like this?"

Branch and Waterman looked at the bullet, then at each other, then back at the bullet, and finally at Wilson. "Yes," Branch then answered. "We saw several of those back when we were on the Gray Death case. As far as I know, his weapon is the only one that fires those bullets."

"Extreme accuracy fits him too," Waterman said, taking a look at the scene. "Three shots, three kills. But the choice of targets does not match his profile. So far, he has only gone after rich, powerful older men. Why kill a group of street criminals?"

"A random hit to misdirect the investigation?" Branch suggested.

"Woke up in a poopy mood and felt like killing someone?" Wilson offered, not in a very serious voice.

Hearing the exchange of words, the officer watching the entrance of the building got curious and walked closer to get a better look at the bullet, leaving the way in unwatched.

Cerulean Lion

Social Justice Christian
Validated User
ALAN/FIREHAND

The Cooperton car gets there in time for Alan to notice the break in security.
In fact Alan manages to overhear the reference to Gray Death.

Once the officer watching the door has left, Alan hefts his duffle and scoots into the building.

Last edited:

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Harry opened the door. ”Abby,” he said, sounding relieved. “I am so glad you came. That was a bit of a harrowing experience. Call me sheltered, but I have never before been threatened with a gun or seen people shot dead in front of my eyes.”

Cattrina

Validated User
SAMANTHA/HYDRA

Sam arrives right when the whole street is covered with officers blocking the entire building. "Shit, the way is blocked". Then she spots the two detectives and hurries closer.

"Greetings detectives!" She rises her voice just enough to be heard over the commotion. "Nice weather today, eh? Who would have thought it would start raining bullets?"

OOC: Sam is still wearing her jogging gear, but is donning her multibelt underneath

Last edited:

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"We definitely weren't expecting these bullets," Branch replies. "I have only seen these used by Gray Death. So unless someone has managed to obtain a similar weapon, and I doubt that, he seems to have expanded his list of targets."

Last edited:

Dudley Do-Right

Validated User
Abby Daniels

Abby dropped the duffel bag and threw her arms around Harry, hugging him tightly.

"I'm glad you're not hurt."

She relaxed her hold a little.
"Tell me what happened. Someone tried to kidnap you? Did they want money or do you think they were planning on killing you? I have a lot of contacts in the city and might be able to help you find the other people working with these kidnappers. You said something on the phone about a front company?"

Potted Plant

Power Flower
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Returning Abby’s hug, and continuing to keep his arms around her, Harry explains. “I checked the license plate of that car we saw on the date night. It was registered to Arcadia Used Cars. Which is next to invisible as a company. No advertising, no online presence, nothing. Just like Arkadi’s Detective Agency, which is on the same street opposite to the dealership. When I was looking for an agency to buy I got curious and thought that they might be some kind of highly discreet detective agency, which would actually suit my plans perfectly, so I went to take a look in person. Their office was closed, but they must have noticed the visit and that is why I was followed.”

“I think that initially they just wanted to find out why I was interested in the company, but after that prank we pulled on them they probably thought that I was on to them – or then they just plain got angry. Either way, I was on my way to file a report with the police, but they were waiting outside the building. Tried to threaten me to come with them, but I didn’t like the idea. From what they said, I think that the dealership actually provides disposable and untrackable cars for crimes. Any trail ends with the dealership that reports a compromised vehicle stolen. Not sure what the agency is for, but ‘I work for a detective agency’ would be a plausible explanation if you are caught keeping an eye on a place or person, so maybe that is a cover for criminal operations too.”

“But as for the rest of what happened, they threatened me, I refused to comply, and I am not sure what they would have tried next, but in an instant they were all dead. Shot, I think, although I don’t recall hearing any gunshots. But it happened so fast that I cannot be sure. And that part I cannot figure out. I understand why they came after me, but who came after them?

Cattrina

Validated User
SAMANTHA/HYDRA

"Grey Death is behind this shooting? Why would he change his routine? ...Waaait a sec do you think this is related to the 'big player's turf war'?"

Top Bottom