• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC All Exiles Say They Were Kings

sulldawga

Validated User
Sorry about the lack of IC posting. Got sucked into Game of Thrones and then didn't get back to my PC. Will update tomorrow.

sulldawga

Validated User
The leader is a Bard 4.
The goat herder is a Ranger 3.
You'd need to treat them like Followers. I'd expect whoever takes one on to run him in combat but I'd handle their actions out of combat.

The other four are like hirelings, specifically Bandits from the DMG. They won't follow you into dungeons or underground but will work for a monthly wage and fight in wilderness engagements.

There are four of them still alive and only one was killed, not two, my bad.

Hituro

Eager Critmouse
Validated User
Well if I am converting my minions into followers it would make sense for Safid Safid or thirdkingdom thirdkingdom to take someone on each, so we have the followers spread around?

Are people happy hiring these people OOC? I've sort of run away with it.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well if I am converting my minions into followers it would make sense for Safid Safid or thirdkingdom thirdkingdom to take someone on each, so we have the followers spread around?

Are people happy hiring these people OOC? I've sort of run away with it.
Sure, I'll take on a follower. I'm still not quite clear on how it works in 5e, though, so might need some hand-holding.

Safid

Validated User
Would you be more comfortable with the goat ranger or the bard archer?

I think 5e does a lot of hand waving gestures when it comes to followers. The real distinction is whether they are build as full PC classes or a more simplistic "sidekick" (or are just hirelings with either no stats or stats from the MM, which probably accounts for the bandits).

sulldawga

Validated User
Things to remember about Followers:

Any NPC that accompanies the adventurers acts as a party member and earns a full share of experience points. But since we're using the Milestone rules, they're always going to be behind you in level.
You don't have to pay them a monthly wage but they do get a share of treasure. I think we'll make it easy by calling it 1/2 a share.
I will be using the Loyalty rules from the DMG.

I will build them but then you guys can decide how they level up.

The bandits are hirelings with MM stats.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Things to remember about Followers:

Any NPC that accompanies the adventurers acts as a party member and earns a full share of experience points. But since we're using the Milestone rules, they're always going to be behind you in level.
You don't have to pay them a monthly wage but they do get a share of treasure. I think we'll make it easy by calling it 1/2 a share.
I will be using the Loyalty rules from the DMG.

I will build them but then you guys can decide how they level up.

The bandits are hirelings with MM stats.
Sorry, been slammed. I guess I'll try and recruit Engel? Unless Vorodos is already doing that.

sulldawga

Validated User
Are you guys definitely taking both of the Followers? If so, I can write them up this weekend.

I think we were going to turn Vorodos' squire into a Fighter-type but leave the other two as non-combat NPCs. Hituro Hituro , confirm that we're on the same page there. If so, that leaves Engel the Bard and Jonat the Ranger for Sury and Hiram.

Hituro

Eager Critmouse
Validated User
Are you guys definitely taking both of the Followers? If so, I can write them up this weekend.

I think we were going to turn Vorodos' squire into a Fighter-type but leave the other two as non-combat NPCs. Hituro Hituro , confirm that we're on the same page there. If so, that leaves Engel the Bard and Jonat the Ranger for Sury and Hiram.
Yes, I think we were on the same page there. Teros will become a Follower (trying to do the Guard -> Veteran -> Knight sort of path I guess), while the other two will remain as non-combat retainers from the PHB and will try to stay out of danger in the field, though with us now having more people they are better placed to travel with us if we want.

Top Bottom