IC All Exiles Say They Were Kings

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
Hiram

Hiram checks a sigh and turns his horse away from the wagons towards the source of the commotion. He puts his hand on the hilt of his warhammer. "Why men in leather armed with sticks insist on threatening armored men on horseback, I'll never know."
The man gestures at Mordig, Lanta, and Teros. "They wearing invisible armor, is it?"

He laughs cruelly. His men chuckle.
 

Medley

Asking for it
Validated User
Doriac

Doriac shakes his head. To Hiram and Sury, he says quietly, "We're dealing with fools if they think they can draw blood while preserving their own, and fools can hardly be negotiated with. I imagine the man in charge cares not if his lot of scoundels dies here, and so is careless with their lives.

"I counsel that we pay the gold and overrun them later to retrieve it, if it pleases you. Doubtless we would kill the lot of them if we were to fight here, but we risk the lives of the followers true enough, and loyal people are worth more than mere lucre.

"We should expect the bandits to leave peaceably, more or less; if they meant to attack us and take our lives and possessions, they would have done so with their men in hiding still. Once the retainers are safe, we may then return the insult at our leisure."

To Sury specifically, he says, "If this is all in agreement, Sury, I would ask that you communicate this to Vorodos. Give him a signal; tell him to lean forward in the saddle if he agrees. I would ask you further that you tell the retainers to dismount as quick as they can and hide in cover amongst the animals, once Vorodos has told the bandits we have agreed to their proposal. We will need to approach for you to do this."

Safid Safid thirdkingdom thirdkingdom Hituro Hituro
 
Last edited:

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Doriac

Doriac shakes his head. To Hiram and Sury, he says quietly, "We're dealing with fools if they think they can draw blood while preserving their own, and fools can hardly be negotiated with. I imagine the man in charge cares not if his lot of scoundels dies here, and so is careless with their lives.

"I counsel that we pay the gold and overrun them later to retrieve it, if it pleases you. Doubtless we would kill the lot of them if we were to fight here, but we risk the lives of the followers true enough, and loyal people are worth more than mere lucre.

"We should expect the bandits to leave peaceably, more or less; if they meant to attack us and take our lives and possessions, they would have done so with their men in hiding still. Once the retainers are safe, we may then return the insult at our leisure."

To Sury specifically, he says, "If this is all in agreement, Sury, I would ask that you communicate this to Vorodos. Give him a signal; tell him to lean forward in the saddle if he agrees. I would ask you further that you tell the retainers to dismount as quick as they can and hide in cover amongst the animals, once Vorodos has told the bandits we have agreed to their proposal. We will need to approach for you to do this."

Safid Safid thirdkingdom thirdkingdom Hituro Hituro
Sury Geles

<"Vorodos is too far away for me to reach him,"> he projects, <"but I say we attack and teach these folks a lesson. If we are going to travel with his entourage they must either learn to defend themselves or stay at home where it is safe. It is foolish to bring them into situations where they adversely affect our ability to defend ourselves."
 

Safid

Registered User
Validated User
Hiram

Hiram nods. He keeps his voice low. “I’ll take the east, you the west...”
 

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
Round 1

The bandits gawk with open mouths. They were clearly expecting the party to back down. They fumble with quivers and arrows, struggling to open fire. The leader fumes and shouts orders, waving his sword in the air.

"Get them! Get them all, you idiots!"

OOC: The initiative is with the PCs. You may act first.
 

Safid

Registered User
Validated User
Hiram

Hiram rides up the hill towards the east. “They can’t shoot what they can’t see!” He raises one mailed glove and closes it into a fist. “Prohibere!”

OOC: Hold Person at 3rd level, trying to get the leader and one of his men (the closer one. Wis save at DC 14.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sury Geles

Sury spurs his horse forward, towards the group of bandits to the west.
When he's within 30' he misty steps off his mount, appearing in front of the middle bandit, glaive held ready to strike!

OOC: I've changed the map, and located his horse, as well. The first melee attack he's subject to he will use his reaction to use entropic ward, which imposes disadvantage on that attack and gives Geles advantage on his next attack against that target.
 

Hituro

Eager Critmouse
Validated User
OOC: When the leader raises his sword, I use my readied reaction to shoot him. Longbow Hit 17, Damage 17.

Initiative 1d20+3 23

On his action Vorodos shoots twice more, at the leader if he still lives, or at the more distant archers, if he does not. Longbow 1d20+5 x 2 20 6, damage 19 (I assume that the 6 hits nothing). Free object interaction, pull shield from saddle. Champion takes the Dodge action.


Vorodos lets out a sigh, but it is the exhalation that precedes a measured shot. No sooner has the arrow left the bow, than he he has nocked another, and another, sending them flying after the first, faster than the eye can follow.

"You should have taken the deal," he mutters, hoisting his shield from the saddle and raising it against the other archers.
 

Medley

Asking for it
Validated User
OOC: Via conversation with sulldawga, we've decided it's best I leave the campaign. I'll give a reasonable IC reason for Doriac to leave without hurting the further progress of the campaign. I will delete my previous post. If this post doesn't fit with what you all want, feel free to retcon it out.


Doriac is deeply disappointed by his companions seemingly valuing a mere fifty gold pieces and the insult to their pride over the safety of three loyal retainers. He will have no more to do with this. He immediately rides away on Mistletoe, by necessity leaving behind the riding horse and the warhorse, along with their supplies. He drops his magical longbow, boots, cloak, ring, lantern, and potions, along with whatever else is necessary to leave behind, nearby the burned-out wagon as he leaves. Then he heads out into the wilderness, hoping to get as far away from the Empire and its deleterious influence as he possibly can.
 
Top Bottom