IC All Exiles Say They Were Kings

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
Vorodos scouts the area via his feathered familiar, returning after 10-15 minutes of low altitude sweeping to report that there are no signs of ogres or any ambush.
 

Hituro

Eager Critmouse
Validated User
Vorodos

"Maybe they had a boat. River-ogres, that's a terrifying thought! But if they did cross over perhaps we should camp on this side, and not too close to the water either. What do you think?"
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vorodos

"Maybe they had a boat. River-ogres, that's a terrifying thought! But if they did cross over perhaps we should camp on this side, and not too close to the water either. What do you think?"
Sury Geles

"<Maybe not a bad idea. Let's do it.>"
 

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
OOC: Whoever is searching for a suitable camp site, please make a Survival check.
 

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sury Geles

Far from an accomplished woodsman, but the only one who seems inclined to do so, Gelese begins to scout around for a suitable campsite.

 

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
West of Coopertown (hex 0708)
3 Fourthmonth
4 PM
Weather: Mild, clear, windy


Whether it's Sury's beginner's luck or Hiram's prayers, the pair stumble upon an excellent campsite. On one side, there is a thick copse of trees that will both prevent any approach from the rear and also will break up any smoke from a campfire built next to it. The other side is clear grassland, giving enemies no place to hide while approaching. The party sets up tents and gathers firewood.

There are a couple more hours of daylight available if anyone wants to forage, hunt, or venture back to the river to fish.

OOC: 4/24 MP remaining.

If you're going to set a Watch overnight, please post the order on the wiki.
 

Safid

Registered User
Validated User
Hiram

Hiram helps gather wood for the fire. "I suggest that we scout the immediate area. Maybe a mile up and down the river? I'll give it my best shot if someone wants to accompany me."

"As for tonight, I can take first watch, then Vorodos, then Sury, and finally Engel? I want Sury when its darkest."
 

Hituro

Eager Critmouse
Validated User
Vorodos

"My eyes are no match for Sury's for certain! Still, I can help set an alarm to warn us." He produces a tiny bell and a piece of silver wire and sets about laying a ward around the centre of the camp.

OOC: Cast Alarm as a Ritual (no spell slots) around the centre of the campsite, which I will renew before going to sleep (to get the full 8 hours). I designate all the members of the party, the horses, and also all the common tiny animals I can think of that might trip the alarm: mice, field mice, rats, beetles, butterflies, flies, horseflies, mosquitoes and the like, as not breaking the alarm and then set it to an audible alarm.


Ten minutes later he stands and says "Well, that may help, or it may wake us a hundred times because it detects an earthworm, I confess, I've not used the spell in the wilderness before so I can't be sure."

"As for now, I'd relish some fresh food. Lets hunt Hiram, it will help us scout as well."

He hands off Champion to one of the others, and retrieves his bow and a full quiver.
 
Top Bottom