• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Welcome.

Moderator Text:

So this is a new thread for MCU rumors, however it comes with a major exception.
To support our Avengers 3 Spoiler Policy post no rumors about the contents of Avengers 3 or 4 until such time as the A3 Spoiler Policy is lifted.

Wait you say, what if I am not sure? That is easy. Do not post it.
Wait you ask “can I send the spoiler to the moderation team to Check?”

Nope. Do not do that.

Really do not do that.

We don’t want to be spoiled and doing so just becuase you feel the need to post a rumor is not going to make us happy, and time off will result just as if you spoiled the board. As moderators see A3 we will adjust this slightly and allow you to ask specific moderators directly just like with previous Star Wars policies.

So what can I post here?

Anything else. TV news. Rumors about Captain Marvel and it’s 1993 setting, or casting for villains in Spider-Man 2 or such. And as ever non-MCU stuff that seems related like what ever is going on with the delayed X films or even Deadpool. Just not stuff in Avengers 3 the film or rumors about Avengers 4 that are based on knowledge of such.

Does this limit this thread? Yes. But when the A3 Spoiler thread is posted we will post a thread for A4 rumors.

A full policy repost will follow in the next post.

Last edited:

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member

Moderator Text:

After some discussion we have decided to treat spoilers for Avengers: Infinity War the way we treat Star Wars spoilers.

This is not a new policy for Marvel films, rather this specific film feels like an event a long time in the coming, to the point the people involved have been pleading with fandom to not spoil it. We rather agree with them. It is possible the same policy will be in place for Avengers 4, but no, we don’t plan to have it for the other films.

So the simple version:

If you spoil the new Avengers film we are going to ban you.
Not a brief suspension, you will be going bye-bye for some time.
This will be conducted under the same rules as The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, where a staff member will start the official movie spoiler thread and there will be no spoilers in any other thread including long term rumor threads.

Also this:

Additionally we will be closing the MCU spoiler thread for a few days to let people adjust and not post premiere spoilers in it. No more Avengers spoilers should be in that thread going forward. An Avengers 4 spoiler thread, designed for rumors that might spoil Avengers 3, will be opened subject to the same rules as the Avengers 3 film spoiler thread.

Very important details: We the staff don't want to be spoiled, either.

Do not include spoilers in reports. The automated system will include links to the pertinent post and thread; if you are reporting something where a spoiler is part of the context of the report, say the specific context is spoilery and do your best to identify the issue without including spoilers in the report. If a staffmember gets spoiled by a report, the reporting person is going to be sanctioned.

Yes we will allow spoiler threads that are explicitly and clearly marked as such, but we are to let a staff member start the first spoiler thread. (I don't know if any of us will make opening day.) Pertinent information: last time the anti-spoiler policy was in effect for several months. Assume the strict spoiler policy is in force until/unless we explicitly say otherwise.

Last edited:

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member

Guidance:

One more thing:

“But what if I think of a complex edge case that might count, but might not, like a rumor about a possible Black Widow film that includes a detail about a character that might spoil the fate of that character in A3....doesn’t this policy make that complex?”

It does not.

Ready?

Don’t post it.

See, easy?

If this means we mostly talk about rumors for Netflix or other TV shows for a bit we are fine with that.

Last edited:

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Yup, Marvel appears to really be developing the Eternals with the rumor being Sersei is being seen as the lead.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
Yup, Marvel appears to really be developing the Eternals with the rumor being Sersei is being seen as the lead.
For those not deeply immersed in comics, the Eternals are a lesser Kirby creation that are like the New Gods without the mythic resonance or the Inhumans without the dog or the striking character designs. Neil Gaiman wrote the last attempt at reviving them, and nobody really cared.

People thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a tough sell, but the Guardians had some popularity among comics fans. The Eternals do not. This has to be a maximum-difficulty experiment to see if they can even make a successful film from zero recognition or celebrated storylines, because I'm struggling to see what they can do that can't be done better (or at least, with more confidence of commercial success) with Thor or the Guardians.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A link.

Personally, I hope they don't. Kirby didn't mean for the Eternals to exist in the regular Marvel universe, they cover the same conceptual space as the Asgardians, and... they aren't very interesting. Anyway, doesn't sound like it's seriously in development:

article said:
“‘Eternals’ is one of many many many things that we are actively beginning to have creative discussions about to see if we believe in them enough to put them on a slate,” Feige said Sunday while promoting this week’s “Avengers: Infinity War.”

But Feige still has a whole lot of work to do on the current MCU phase, telling TheWrap that most of the studio’s current efforts are going into “Infinity War,” finishing “Ant Man and The Wasp” and “Captain Marvel,” as well as editing an untitled Avengers film.

“And we start shooting ‘Spider Man’ in July,” Feige added.

“Those are the five things that are taking up 90 percent of our time,” he said. “But there’s 10 percent we’re starting to go, ‘What’s going to be best?’ And some of that is you can take cues from everything we’ve done in the 22 movies before those — which is sequels to existing characters, new interpretation of existing characters and trying whole new swings with stuff that most people never heard of. So there are writers coming in on lots of different projects and lots of different ideas. And you’ll only start to hear more and more of it.”

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A link.

Personally, I hope they don't. Kirby didn't mean for the Eternals to exist in the regular Marvel universe, they cover the same conceptual space as the Asgardians, and... they aren't very interesting. Anyway, doesn't sound like it's seriously in development:
I would say they cover the same concpetual space as Asgardian, especially with futher development with titanians and Thanos, but it is clear that Kirny never ment them to be a part of Marvel Universe.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I would say they cover the same concpetual space as Asgardian, especially with futher development with titanians and Thanos, but it is clear that Kirny never ment them to be a part of Marvel Universe.
They're high-tech sci-fantasy powered humans that used to walk among us and were the inspiration for many of our legends. The baseline Eternal is way more powerful than the baseline Asgardian, but that's just details.

Thanos does give them an excuse to emerge from hiding, I suppose. But then what? We have another super-powered civilization living in a hidden city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom