• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

austenandrews

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I remember it's on the shortlist with projects like Black Widow. It always seemed an odd choice to me. Shang Chi seems like barely even a superhero. Pitching it as an Asian equivalent to Black Panther makes more sense. I'm curious what direction they'll go.

Hunter

Validated User
How about they reboot the X-Men as their own universe (possibly with Sinister as a villain, Magneto needs a long rest). Then have the 2 universes meet in the next big Avengers movie.
I think this is probably the best way to go. The MCU is already getting pretty overstuffed as it is, I don't see adding a whole new slew of characters doing much to improve it.

My own personal theory as to what will happen with the X-Men is that Disney is going to put them on the shelf for a good long while. (Buying an IP to take out a competitor is hardly unheard of). Once the MCU is played out, then the X-Men get reintroduced. I can see various villains being put to use in the MCU, however...

JSpektr

Yes, that's me.
Validated User
I think this is probably the best way to go. The MCU is already getting pretty overstuffed as it is, I don't see adding a whole new slew of characters doing much to improve it.

My own personal theory as to what will happen with the X-Men is that Disney is going to put them on the shelf for a good long while. (Buying an IP to take out a competitor is hardly unheard of). Once the MCU is played out, then the X-Men get reintroduced. I can see various villains being put to use in the MCU, however...
They’ve been pretty clear about the main benefit of getting the FF back is access to the villains. There aren’t as many crossover villains that belong to the X-Men, but they can only make so many movies a year, and they don’t want to compete with other Disney properties like Star Wars.

Leaving the X-characters fallow for a decade while using various non-mutant characters that belong to them in the MCU is a reasonable plan.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
And Disney will probably let Deadpool run its course, even if there's a good chance that's all of one more movie.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
And Disney will probably let Deadpool run its course, even if there's a good chance that's all of one more movie.
Deadpool turning out the lights on the Fox X-men-verse would be oddly awesome. I mean, they aren’t going to get a better “serious” capper than Logan was. And if Dark Phoenix is half as bad as the word-of-mouth is hinting... yeah. Just have Deadpool put the cherry on top.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
Deadpool is barely in continuity anyway. They can do what they want with the rest of the X-men properties and leave Deadpool as his own weird little siloed off R-rated comedy thing where its all played for laughs and he just pokes fun at all the other heroes. When Galactus or whoever shows up in the next Avengers movie or the X-men tackle a rebooted Apocalypse, nobody is really gonna be asking "where is Deadpool? How does he fit into this?"

petros

Validated User
Deadpool is barely in continuity anyway. They can do what they want with the rest of the X-men properties and leave Deadpool as his own weird little siloed off R-rated comedy thing where its all played for laughs and he just pokes fun at all the other heroes. When Galactus or whoever shows up in the next Avengers movie or the X-men tackle a rebooted Apocalypse, nobody is really gonna be asking "where is Deadpool? How does he fit into this?"
Post-Credits pitch for Endgame or Dark Phoenix -

Deadpool is watching the final battle on TV eating kettle corn wearing a 'Cap Was Right' t-shirt. His bartender friend is there and asks him why he didn't go, and Deadpool is like 'I don't even have a passport, how could I get to WAKANDA in under an hour?'

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Mindflayer
Validated User
But that way we won't have another with the third act being Magento betraying Xavier.
Have can you make X-men movie without that?
Professor x hooks up with a space bird and the x-men fight a rip off of hr Geiger Aliens. Later we learn one of the Infinity stone was the M-cron crystals and in destroying in whatever happens with them at the end of End Game it awoke the Phoenix... look all the x-men space stuff.

Or they Go to Mojo World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom