• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Deadpool is barely in continuity anyway. They can do what they want with the rest of the X-men properties and leave Deadpool as his own weird little siloed off R-rated comedy thing where its all played for laughs and he just pokes fun at all the other heroes. When Galactus or whoever shows up in the next Avengers movie or the X-men tackle a rebooted Apocalypse, nobody is really gonna be asking "where is Deadpool? How does he fit into this?"
The issue isn't Deadpool per se, it's sharing the extended cast of characters - Marvel probably doesn't want Colossus running around in both franchises, and essentially cutting Deadpool off from every character that hasn't appeared with him in a movie so far is a good way to kill the franchise. Regardless, I'd wager there's a similar fight along these lines going on at Disney - namely, when it should integrate the mutant universe into everything else. My guess is the plan is not to do any such thing for at least the next three years, since the Fantastic Four's a better fit and helps fill the schedule for a few years before adding mutants.

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think this is probably the best way to go. The MCU is already getting pretty overstuffed as it is, I don't see adding a whole new slew of characters doing much to improve it.

My own personal theory as to what will happen with the X-Men is that Disney is going to put them on the shelf for a good long while. (Buying an IP to take out a competitor is hardly unheard of). Once the MCU is played out, then the X-Men get reintroduced. I can see various villains being put to use in the MCU, however...
Your logic seems sound.

On the other hand, Endgame could set up a Crisis-level reboot, giving them carte blanche to add whatever sort of mutant-related shenanigans to the MCU.

Hivemind

Validated User
Professor x hooks up with a space bird and the x-men fight a rip off of hr Geiger Aliens.
Seeing as Disney now also owns the Aliens franchise, thanks to the Fox merger, I think the possibility of ever seeing the Brood square off against the X-Men in a movie is now real for the first time since the Brood were first introduced in the X-Men comics.

Robert A. Rodger

Aspiring Kermit
Validated User
I know this has come up before, but are there really no Marvel movies announced for 2020? Am I missing something? Do people think we'll be getting a big announcement for Comicon or after Endgame? Are there movies in production we don't know about? Are they taking a year off? That would suck.

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I know this has come up before, but are there really no Marvel movies announced for 2020? Am I missing something? Do people think we'll be getting a big announcement for Comicon or after Endgame? Are there movies in production we don't know about? Are they taking a year off? That would suck.
At this point nothing post Spider-Man: Far From Home has been announced. If they've managed to keep movies being filmed secret, that would be a hell of a trick.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
I think it’s possible they’re taking a year off. The Disney+ shows being the only MCU content for a year would make them mighty attractive for fans. That said- I doubt it. I’d say it’s possible some production has been hidden in the Avengers storm.

Matchstick

Validated User
It's not official, but I believe both Black Widow and Eternals are supposed to film this year, so they are most certainly coming out in 2020.

Matchstick

Validated User
Actually as I posted I remembered the Disney+ stuff and if that comes out on 2020 I could see them leaning on that.
Kevin Feige also said that they didn't want to take away from the focus on Captain Marvel, Endgame or Far From Home by announcing anything. Since Comic-Con is being held two weeks after Far From Home comes out, no doubt that's where they will drop the schedule for at least the next couple of years.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
MCU Wanda has “tell the Infinity gems what to do” powers, which is close enough if they happen to all be in one place...
Does she? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't recall. As far as I can tell she has generic "female mental powers": mess with minds, perceptions maybe, TK, and some TK blasts and forcefields. Zzzzzz...

When she uses her powers, the special effects are similar to the Reality Stone.
Precisely.
I've never noticed that, but I feel like I've had that pointed out to me before.

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong, but Wanda has not been set up to be important...unless Vision's death makes her a vengeful, "I've had enough of this shit" badass.

Deadpool turning out the lights on the Fox X-men-verse would be oddly awesome. I mean, they aren’t going to get a better “serious” capper than Logan was. And if Dark Phoenix is half as bad as the word-of-mouth is hinting... yeah. Just have Deadpool put the cherry on top.
This is so sad, but not surprising. I thought First Class had some real strong points, but I have issues with it as well. I dug DoFP. I watched the first 15 minutes of AoA and nearly lost my mind. I want to like Dark Phoenix, but it looks painfully predictable, and I'm not sure the world needs a "girl can't handle her powers" story right now...unless they go about it really smartly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom