• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Disney's being cagey about movie releases for the same reason it got pissy over Sony advertising Far from Home: the condescending belief that people actually think Infinity War will have lasting results for anyone except a very small handful of characters (if that), and not wanting to "spoil" anything.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They are kind of related, but not really. Eternals were created by the Celestials. The Inhumans were Kree experiments trying to re-create the Eternals or something along those lines.
The Eterenal are what you get whne Kirby puts his Inhuman idea (ancient socity of superhumans tied to "ancient astronauts") and New Gods (cosmic godlike heroes) ain blender and shake.
Until Marvel decided to use Inhams as mutant stand ins they server a very similar narrative role in the universe.

There's creal conceptual line beyween Inhumans, Fourth World and Externals, as Kirby was developing and refining ideas.
Through the Eternals were suppose to be part of MU.

Okay, wait what? She got her powers from the mind stone? Maybe my brain isn't working because outside it's dark and rainy like there will never be sunshine again.
Wanda and Pietro got their powers form Stuckers experiment on Specter housing the Mind gem.
THey're power come from it.

Matchstick

Validated User
Feige on why they're doing Eternals:

Eternals are one group, but we like the idea of introducing an ensemble, doing an ensemble movie from the start, as opposed to building up as we did with the first Avengers. More like Guardians, not tonally, but in terms of introducing a new group of people. You were asking about ’60s, and ’70s before. Jack Kirby did an immense, amazing epic with Eternals that spans tens of thousands of years, and that’s also something we haven’t really done.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
Wanda and Pietro got their powers form Stuckers experiment on Specter housing the Mind gem.
THey're power come from it.
Okay, i think I remember that. Is that only referenced in that post-credits scene from...whatever movie that post-credits scene was at the end of?

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Disney's being cagey about movie releases for the same reason it got pissy over Sony advertising Far from Home: the condescending belief that people actually think Infinity War will have lasting results for anyone except a very small handful of characters (if that), and not wanting to "spoil" anything.
Considering there’s some big names out there in that handful, a big slate of upcoming films could very well be Spoilers. I’m thinking Cap and Iron Man specifically. Another Black Panther film’s no spoiler- that’s a 100%. But a lack of or existence of a Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor in that list would definitely be taken as a hint.

Matchstick

Validated User
Okay, i think I remember that. Is that only referenced in that post-credits scene from...whatever movie that post-credits scene was at the end of?
Cap in Age of Ultron talking about the staff: "As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don’t just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?"

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It refrenced poost credits of Scarelt Soldier, and the you was on of the important bits about them in Age of Ultron.
And then dirrectly stated in Infinity War.

JSpektr

Yes, that's me.
Validated User
Yep.

It’s now pretty well established in the MCU that blasting humans with raw Infinity Stones gives a small percentage of them super powers.

Or gamma radiation, radioactive spiders, etc.

It’d be a neat hook if the Eternals were expressly the Celestials mutating humans to harness the same forces the Infinity Stones tap into, which explains the stones being drawn there and why humans with scraps of Eternal DNA from Eternal/human cross-breeds get powers from the stones.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
I am afraid to watch this trailer, partly because I don't want plot spoilers, but also because I don't want emotional spoilers.

I think I'm going to avoid it. I'm sure it's great!

That said: I'll probably break down and watch it, especially as it gets referenced in forums I frequent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom