• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmmm. First shot looks like Clint standing next to hooded archer who is nearly as tall as he is, with a slim build. Next is Clint high-fiving a teen girl who is noticeably shorter and wearing regular clothes, it looks to me? My first impression was that both were his daughter but the age issue is a good point, so it’s probably not her. But now I’m not sure the archer and the girl are even the same person. It is definitely set up to make comics fans think of Kate, I believe.

Who’s the British woman’s voice? Peggy? I don’t recognize the dialogue, I wonder if they brought her back for some new scenes.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Who’s the British woman’s voice? Peggy? I don’t recognize the dialogue, I wonder if they brought her back for some new scenes.
It's Peggy.
The fooatge ceneters around her and the ending shots of the Cap segment is him at her funeral.

taschoene

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hmmm. First shot looks like Clint standing next to hooded archer who is nearly as tall as he is, with a slim build. Next is Clint high-fiving a teen girl who is noticeably shorter and wearing regular clothes, it looks to me? My first impression was that both were his daughter but the age issue is a good point, so it’s probably not her. But now I’m not sure the archer and the girl are even the same person. It is definitely set up to make comics fans think of Kate, I believe.
Looks like wide and narrow shots of the same scene to me. What you see as a hood is her long hair.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Looks like wide and narrow shots of the same scene to me. What you see as a hood is her long hair.
Aha! Right you are, I was watching it on my phone and couldn't see clearly. :oops:

Interesting that the flashbacks are drained of color except for anything that's red.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Aha! Right you are, I was watching it on my phone and couldn't see clearly. :oops:

Interesting that the flashbacks are drained of color except for anything that's red.
Someone in Marvel's marketing department loves Schindler's List.

I think the girl is Kate, but I'm not sure if she's supposed to be a relative or not. Kate being trained by Clint works fine for me--her backstory was far too detached from his for my tastes, in the comics. (Granted, I've never much cared about her--she was sort of interesting in her own comic, but I did not like her in Young Avengers at all.)

I really like how Thor tested Carol, especially since her reaction was both, "Am I supposed to be impressed?' and "Are we going to fight now?" But man, is there going to be a lot of moping around for the first part of this move. I know there should be, but come on, there needs to be a least a little joyful-punching-bad-guys to break the angst.

Siphonaptera

up to no good
Validated User
. Interesting that the flashbacks are drained of color except for anything that's red.
Thematic style just for the trailer or something involving the reality stone?

I really like the approach of misleading MCU trailers that get the feeling across without spoiling, even if the difference is just a last minute edit.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Thematic style just for the trailer or something involving the reality stone?

I really like the approach of misleading MCU trailers that get the feeling across without spoiling, even if the difference is just a last minute edit.
I’m kind of glad Marvel is just flat-out lying in some of these trailers and everyone’s okay with it. I mean, I’d rather know what the movie is going to be like than otherwise, but I do have a kind of twisted glee when I see an obsessive shot-by-shot breakdown of a trailer and then we all learn that half the shots either weren’t in the movie or were specifically altered to keep audiences guessing.

petros

Validated User
-snip-

I really like how Thor tested Carol, especially since her reaction was both, "Am I supposed to be impressed?' and "Are we going to fight now?" But man, is there going to be a lot of moping around for the first part of this move. I know there should be, but come on, there needs to be a least a little joyful-punching-bad-guys to break the angst.
He's done that hammer thing before, and Loki wussed out, he wasn't completely sure that he could take it or that Thor would nudge it last minute. But if that WAS actually Odin, he'd have taken the hit or stopped the hammer. And if it was some third person, a true enemy of Asgard, then they reveal themselves in front of a crowd of angry Asgardians.

With Carol he was showing off, he didn't need to nudge it to not hit her, she didn't need to take the hit, and it didn't seem like 'are we going to fight', more like they were sizing each other up and realized neither one was going to actually fight the other (that's the narrowed eye smirk and 'I like this one') without caring who'd win because they're on the same team. It was supposed to make an impression, but everyone did very well at impressing each other. If that scene is in place of a 'two heroes meet and fight' scene between Thor and Marvel, I'd be so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom