• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSpektr

Yes, that's me.
Validated User
He's done that hammer thing before, and Loki wussed out, he wasn't completely sure that he could take it or that Thor would nudge it last minute. But if that WAS actually Odin, he'd have taken the hit or stopped the hammer. And if it was some third person, a true enemy of Asgard, then they reveal themselves in front of a crowd of angry Asgardians.

With Carol he was showing off, he didn't need to nudge it to not hit her, she didn't need to take the hit, and it didn't seem like 'are we going to fight', more like they were sizing each other up and realized neither one was going to actually fight the other (that's the narrowed eye smirk and 'I like this one') without caring who'd win because they're on the same team. It was supposed to make an impression, but everyone did very well at impressing each other. If that scene is in place of a 'two heroes meet and fight' scene between Thor and Marvel, I'd be so happy.
I bet they have a “who can wreck the most bad guy stuff competition” scene once they attack Thanos.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
He's done that hammer thing before, and Loki wussed out, he wasn't completely sure that he could take it or that Thor would nudge it last minute. But if that WAS actually Odin, he'd have taken the hit or stopped the hammer. And if it was some third person, a true enemy of Asgard, then they reveal themselves in front of a crowd of angry Asgardians.

With Carol he was showing off, he didn't need to nudge it to not hit her, she didn't need to take the hit, and it didn't seem like 'are we going to fight', more like they were sizing each other up and realized neither one was going to actually fight the other (that's the narrowed eye smirk and 'I like this one') without caring who'd win because they're on the same team. It was supposed to make an impression, but everyone did very well at impressing each other. If that scene is in place of a 'two heroes meet and fight' scene between Thor and Marvel, I'd be so happy.
Well, I think there was a question of whether she’d flinch and I believe her look was wondering if she’d need to throw down with the guy. But once she saw his reaction to her no-sell, I believe they understood each other just fine.

I also find it a great, quick, and simple way to resolve the “heroes fight” meeting. It can’t work for everybody, and once in a while you need Cap, Iron Man and Thor smacking each other around to establish a few things, but I would like to see this more often.

Did anyone else get to join the group without fighting the others? Black Widow is the only one I can think of, and she was grandmother’d in since Fury wanted her there. Banner showed up without a fight, but there definitely was a fight along the way. Even Rhodey did his hero/hero fight with Tony back in IM2.

Siphonaptera

up to no good
Validated User
Even Ant-Man and Spiderman got to fight their way in during Civil War.

Vision didn't fight exactly in his introduction, but there was tension and of course Civil War.

Conflict is certainly a common theme during introductions.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Falcon got onto the Avengers without having a hero brawl.
But he then got to have his first brawl with Ant-man’s in Ant-Man.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Falcon fought the Winter Soldier alonmg with Cap and Nat. And Bucky is now a good guy.
So it might count.
Falcon joined the Avengers without having fought another Avenger, so I think it’s just him and Nat. And now Carol, which is ironic considering her prominence in comic Civil Wars.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Falcon and Cap came into conflict almost from the moment they met. But Falcon was thankfully pretty good humored about someone repeatedly lapping him.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
My headcanon is that Thor and Carol did that whole Sherlock thing of playing out the fight in their minds. Carol won; hence the smirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom