• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
So out of this kerfuffle we're getting the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 we wanted AND a Suicide Squad movie written and directed by James Gunn?

Do I have to be thankful to the Alt-right now or something?

The answer is: No. Fuck those guys.
Ironically, I think we can thank Warner Bros. in this instance. After announcing him for the Suicide Squad sequel, we witnessed first hand that there was no horde of concerned citizens with pitchforks and torches lining up to burn Hollywood to the ground. In fact, people have been excited, thus giving cover to Disney to give Gunn his second chance.

Kurotowa

Weird Science Nut
Validated User
So out of this kerfuffle we're getting the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 we wanted AND a Suicide Squad movie written and directed by James Gunn?
The one downside is that Guardians 3 is going to end up delayed a couple years, since they can't restart until Gunn is done Suicide Squad now.

Matchstick

Validated User
The one downside is that Guardians 3 is going to end up delayed a couple years, since they can't restart until Gunn is done Suicide Squad now.
I think that really depends. Suicie Squad is supposed to start shooting soon and the Guardians 3 script is finished. No reason they couldn't shoot it end of this year or early next and have it come out within a year of filming ending, as most MCU films do.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
I think that really depends. Suicie Squad is supposed to start shooting soon and the Guardians 3 script is finished. No reason they couldn't shoot it end of this year or early next and have it come out within a year of filming ending, as most MCU films do.
The announcement came with a speculated release date for GotG3 of 2021. Whether that's "too long" is a matter of debate.

And good. Dude did exactly what we want people who publicly misbehaved to do--admitted wrongdoing, apologized profusely and promised to do better, and then did better with his social media presence. Also, while I don't think Gunn is an irreplaceable genius, everything most people like about the Guardians movies comes from his particular vision. I don't think another director could, or should, be asked to pretend to be Gunn for this project.

Agamemnon2

Validated User
Considering how many of the cast were upset by Gunn's firing, this hopefully will increase satisfaction in the trenches. I know Dave Bautista was seemingly on the cusp of walking out of the franchise entirely. It sucks if we have to wait until 2021 for a new Guardians movie, but somehow, I don't think Marvel will be sitting idly by as the months roll.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Full-on Endgame theory, CM spoiler.

Spoiler: Show
We "know" that we have to destroy one of the stones to stop Thanos or someone else from doing the Snap or something equally as bad again. We know only the energies from a stone can destroy another stone. We "know" that the Mind stone is the only thing that can bring back Vision's consciousness.

Carol destroys the Space stone.

rickjthree

Social Justice Sidekick
Validated User
Ya know, there's been several throwaway lines with Carol over the years about how she's gotten tired of dating superheroes, but there are only a few who get named here or there. Like, she definitely dates Wonder Man and War Machine. She might have gone out with Spider-Man once or twice? There are hints that maybe she slept with Tony Stark?
IIRC, Peter and Carol went out on a date, got interrupted by super-villains and decided they wouldn't make a good couple. (OTOH, Kamala Khan ships them and has written fanfic about it. I forget what their ship name was.)

Carol and Tony have never got together as far as I know.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
IIRC, Peter and Carol went out on a date, got interrupted by super-villains and decided they wouldn't make a good couple. (OTOH, Kamala Khan ships them and has written fanfic about it. I forget what their ship name was.)

Carol and Tony have never got together as far as I know.
Looks like the scans_daily panel I was thinking of (Carol with Tony) is from an Ultimate Universe comic. 616 versions probably haven’t been together, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom