All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Looks like the scans_daily panel I was thinking of (Carol with Tony) is from an Ultimate Universe comic. 616 versions probably haven’t been together, then.
Tony and Natasha was from the Ultimate Universe.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Except for how much the MCU draws from the Ultimate Universe.
In the MCU, I ship Carol and Marie more than Carol and any dude. Although Carol/Thor would be okay, I guess. (Then again, I'm fairly happy that MCU Tony seems to be pretty serious about making his relationship with Pepper work. One of the better changes to the character, in my opinion.)

rickjthree

Social Justice Sidekick
Validated User
In the MCU, I ship Carol and Marie more than Carol and any dude.
Agreed.

That said, I kind of liked the total lack of an overt romantic subplot in Captain Marvel. OTOH, if there was chemistry between Carol and Thor (or Carol and anyone else in Endgame) I wouldn't mind seeing that play out.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Agreed.

That said, I kind of liked the total lack of an overt romantic subplot in Captain Marvel. OTOH, if there was chemistry between Carol and Thor (or Carol and anyone else in Endgame) I wouldn't mind seeing that play out.
I'm a big fan of a movie without any kind of romance imposed on a plot. I'd be fine if there's just chemistry between Carol and anyone but it doesn't get explored. I mean, I'm not a he-man macho supers fan who thinks romantic plots are pointless, but I'd rather they're organic. I even did not mind the Natasha/Bruce implications, but what made me happiest was that it was an interest, not an actuality. Lots of room for stories where people don't have to hook up even if they would think about it. (Like, Natasha and Sam Wilson, or Nat and Cap ... well, Scarlett Johansson gets a lot of roles because she has chemistry with most people.)

Matchstick

Validated User
So, Kevin Feige has officially dubbed the 22 MCU movies that are capped with Endgame "The Infinity Saga." (That's going to be a hefty box set.)

Feige on Endgame: "We wanted to bring to a conclusion a series of movies in a way that had never been done before. Harry Potter had an ending because there were only so many books. Lord of the Rings too. But we thought, 22 movies in, wouldn't it be fun to bring some finality to the storyline?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom