All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Florence Pugh (Fighting With My Family, Little Drummer Girl, Little Women, Midsommer) in talks to join cast of Black Widow. The article doesn't say as which character but my guess is the blonde Black Widow in the comics - Yelena something?

Mr. Kent

The Oh Em Gee
Validated User
Yelena Belova, and oh that would be nice casting! Just hope she survives the film so she can be in a future Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts movie :D
I just need Moonstone in Captain Marvel 2

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
And who knows how the Fox purchase impacts this?
To my knowledge, the X-Men TV stuff (so, Legion and The Gifted) was already co-produced by Marvel TV (it's not quite the same situation as with the movies), so they may just be able to continue as purely Marvel TV productions if there's a will to continue them. Hopefully The Gifted will continue, because that was a sizeable cliffhanger in the season 2 finale.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
To my knowledge, the X-Men TV stuff (so, Legion and The Gifted) was already co-produced by Marvel TV (it's not quite the same situation as with the movies), so they may just be able to continue as purely Marvel TV productions if there's a will to continue them. Hopefully The Gifted will continue, because that was a sizeable cliffhanger in the season 2 finale.
Well, Legion was already renewed for a third and final season, before the deal was done. No one I've read is sure how the merger would affect The Gifted. FOX Television, which is not included in the merger, owns the show at least in part (or maybe entirely?) but its ratings really are abysmal. The season finale was a mere 1.6, with 0.45 in the demo (compared to the already-poor 2.6 / .88 for the season opener). Matt Nix, who runs the show, is already talking about shopping it to streaming, which he wouldn't be doing if he thought it was likely FOX was bringing it back.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
Well, Legion was already renewed for a third and final season, before the deal was done. No one I've read is sure how the merger would affect The Gifted. FOX Television, which is not included in the merger, owns the show at least in part (or maybe entirely?) but its ratings really are abysmal. The season finale was a mere 1.6, with 0.45 in the demo (compared to the already-poor 2.6 / .88 for the season opener). Matt Nix, who runs the show, is already talking about shopping it to streaming, which he wouldn't be doing if he thought it was likely FOX was bringing it back.
I'm never quite sure why networks insist on pitting their shows of similar types against each other.

I can't remember whether The Gifted aired before or after Lethal Weapon, since I usually watched them on Hulu the next day, so that my viewing was recorded somewhere (as I'm not a Nielsen family and even if the networks monitored cable viewership, I'm an over-the-air viewer). But it was on at the start of this last season on Tuesdays, so it was up against either The Flash or Black Lightning.

Top Bottom