• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

All New All Different MCU Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
Don't they make diapers for gamers or something like that? :LOL:

I'll look into that... :p
I'm probably going to just forgo the usual Bucket of Soda I buy to get me through the previews.

Oh, hell, a three hour movie might mean half an hour of previews ...

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Not surprising but disappointing all the same. Fellowship of the Ring is good at nearly 3 hours, but I'm hard pressed to think of anything else that long that's also a quality movie. Past two and a half hours or so and the question arises about whether the story would be better off split or made into a mini-series. I had the small hope that winnowing down the cast would allow for a tighter movie.

Ah well.

Reef

Incredible!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Not surprising but disappointing all the same. Fellowship of the Ring is good at nearly 3 hours, but I'm hard pressed to think of anything else that long that's also a quality movie. Past two and a half hours or so and the question arises about whether the story would be better off split or made into a mini-series. I had the small hope that winnowing down the cast would allow for a tighter movie.

Ah well.
I’m kinda with Grumpygoat here. Three hours run a real risk of being bloated or overindulgent.

petros

Validated User
Slightly crooked life-hack - leave to use the bathroom at the half-way mark, and go back to a different screen where the film started half an hour later.

If your local theaters are serious about seating, and it's fully booked, this won't work and would also be rude. Mine didn't mind because I knew the people who worked there, I was upfront about it, and I re-upped on popcorn and cokes at the same time.

Only time I did it was for Interstellar, it wasn't planned but I didn't want to miss anything. Any time I'd planned to maybe do it, I didn't need to.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
I have heard that some places are considering an interval, but the cinema near me didn't do that for any of the Lord of the Rings movies, so I don't know that they'd do it here.

petros

Validated User
I have heard that some places are considering an interval, but the cinema near me didn't do that for any of the Lord of the Rings movies, so I don't know that they'd do it here.
Last time I saw a film in a regular theater with an interval was Pearl Harbor. I think that popcorn sales would go up if they did it more.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Last time I saw a film in a regular theater with an interval was Pearl Harbor. I think that popcorn sales would go up if they did it more.
Possibly, but between all the intervals in a day, that'd probably come out to at least one fewer showings of the movie. Which theaters might be all right with, since they make money off concessions, but that studios might push against.

petros

Validated User
Anyway - splitting up Endgame? For release at the same time, or stepped out over a month, two months, or longer?

What other films have tried this for us to compare?

The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions came out in the same year, they were one story, clearly intended to be seen together. Kill Bill was intended to be one film, and then to be two films that came out in one year, and finally Vol. 2 came out a little less than a year later.

I can't think of another example! It does feel like an experiment that the MCU could reasonably try.

ogier300

Validated User

Ah well.
Let's see, of the top of my head I can think of a few 3 hour+ epics I've enjoyed in the theater (some caught as revivals) ... Schindler's List , The Right Stuff, The Godfather: Part II, Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind ...

Now, is is ambitious of them to think End Game belongs in such august company? Probably.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Let's see, of the top of my head I can think of a few 3 hour+ epics I've enjoyed in the theater (some caught as revivals) ... Schindler's List , The Right Stuff, The Godfather: Part II, Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind ...

Now, is is ambitious of them to think End Game belongs in such august company? Probably.
It's notable that none of those are really popcorn flicks, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom