• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC All That Glitters Is Red (Vampire: Blood and Smoke)

smilingbandit2

Darkness is my Ally.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The pain removal worked.

I don't think normal medicine can help a vampire's injuries. You can use your Salubri healing though.
There's a Merit one can get to do 'surgery' on vamps, but it requires very high status in (whatever the 'democratic'/ vox populi group is). That said, I would argue LaChance might be able to uncollapse a trachea or something. Not heal as such, but fix the mute status. Not important though.

Rules as written, Obeah does not heal dead flesh. I'd surely like it to; it'd greatly improve it's utility, and I think there's a good argument for it working - the Blood is the Life, after all.

If you say it's cool, I'll spend vitae to heal her. Just letting you know the situation.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's a Merit one can get to do 'surgery' on vamps, but it requires very high status in (whatever the 'democratic'/ vox populi group is). That said, I would argue LaChance might be able to uncollapse a trachea or something. Not heal as such, but fix the mute status. Not important though.

Rules as written, Obeah does not heal dead flesh. I'd surely like it to; it'd greatly improve it's utility, and I think there's a good argument for it working - the Blood is the Life, after all.

If you say it's cool, I'll spend vitae to heal her. Just letting you know the situation.
It's cool. Spend the vitae - you'll need to use three.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One hell of a translation, that. You'd never know that's what she said otherwise. :LOL:

smilingbandit2

Darkness is my Ally.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
“Good work, doc. We’ll get you right as rain shortly. Can’t say it was an easy job, especially with this one.”
That's what I thought, but the 'yin' at the end felt like some kinda slang I didn't know.

Also, to make explicit something I think everyone gets: I'm not trying to make any judgements about neuro-atypical people when LaChance 'cures' Kitty. I'm just trying to squeeze out some more clues. :)

CatNosferatu

It's the proper morning to fly into Hell.
Validated User
That's what I thought, but the 'yin' at the end felt like some kinda slang I didn't know.

Also, to make explicit something I think everyone gets: I'm not trying to make any judgements about neuro-atypical people when LaChance 'cures' Kitty. I'm just trying to squeeze out some more clues. :)
I don’t think anyone assumes that. And while we’re at it, I think it’s abundantly clear that Elsie does not like Kitty, but any mean things she has to say is clearly my character talking.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Not a bit, no worries. She's got a dormant case of Malkavia on top of everything else, so that's mainly what you're temporarily "repairing".

smilingbandit2

Darkness is my Ally.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Not a bit, no worries. She's got a dormant case of Malkavia on top of everything else, so that's mainly what you're temporarily "repairing".
Well, I phrased something poorly earlier in the campaign in regards to Kitty and came across sounding like an ass. :)

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I phrased something poorly earlier in the campaign in regards to Kitty and came across sounding like an ass. :)
It's all taken in-character, friend. I never assume it's you talking, unless something really doesn't match up. Have no fear. Hell, one of the NPC vampires in this game is extremely racist and jingoistic, but I'm not. All is well. :cool:

Top Bottom