• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC All That Glitters Is Red (Vampire: Blood and Smoke)

Pheidias

herder of rampant stories
Validated User
I was stuck over how stuck Elaine was because of her obsessive compulsive nature but the last IC post by CatNosferatu (or rather, something very specific Elsie said) gave her just the right nudge for me to proceed. So, all good to go.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was stuck over how stuck Elaine was because of her obsessive compulsive nature but the last IC post by CatNosferatu (or rather, something very specific Elsie said) gave her just the right nudge for me to proceed. So, all good to go.
Excellent.

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It is just me, or is 'become servants of a literal demon from hell in order to fight vampires' feel like a poorly considered plan?

To use a metaphor from another game, it's a bit like using a flamethrower to remove the lice from your scalp. :)

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It is just me, or is 'become servants of a literal demon from hell in order to fight vampires' feel like a poorly considered plan?

To use a metaphor from another game, it's a bit like using a flamethrower to remove the lice from your scalp. :)
Eh, that one Hunter lineage, the Lucifuge, basically does the same thing. They activate their demonic lineage, knowing full well it might be enough to cast them into the Inferno on death, to make the "stab" in "from hell I stab at thee" literal.

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Eh, that one Hunter lineage, the Lucifuge, basically does the same thing. They activate their demonic lineage, knowing full well it might be enough to cast them into the Inferno on death, to make the "stab" in "from hell I stab at thee" literal.
Yeah, but the Lucifuge are born into their demonic heritage. It's not the same thing, IMO.

So, here's a question for the crowd: are capital-H Hunters fully human? Clearly they are mostly human, far more human than any other splat...but they do have a unique power (willpower gambling) that normal mortals don't have.

Does something supernatural happen to them when they start their Vigil?

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, but the Lucifuge are born into their demonic heritage. It's not the same thing, IMO.

So, here's a question for the crowd: are capital-H Hunters fully human? Clearly they are mostly human, far more human than any other splat...but they do have a unique power (willpower gambling) that normal mortals don't have.

Does something supernatural happen to them when they start their Vigil?
It's a sort of transcendence I suppose: the forging of a human weapon from the dark depths of tragedy and hatred. They're more than human, I think, but a little less of one too. I faintly remember you could give your Hunter a Power Stat called... something. I think it started with a C. If you did, you could never be Embraced, Awakened, Bound, Devoured, etc.

Top Bottom