• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC All That Glitters Is Red (Vampire: Blood and Smoke)

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'll give you a choice, Pheidias Pheidias : you can ask 12 questions, no problem; or you can ask 6 questions but get an exceptional amount of detail.

Pheidias

herder of rampant stories
Validated User
I think I'll take the six questions in depth option, then.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to get the other players involved as well. Since this is such a rare opportunity and what seems like a pivotal moment, I'd wish to brainstorm possible questions with everyone.

CatNosferatu

Validated User
Pheidias Pheidias , I think it would be beneficial to ask what clan Walter is. We should establish if there are any clan ties to his plans...

Edit: I’m just feeling very wary of a lot of Mekhet in this city.

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sorry, busy weekend.

Question thoughts:

How many Dawnguard are there?
Who's in charge?
What do their weapons/tech do?
What does Walter have over them?

Pheidias

herder of rampant stories
Validated User
Thank you, everyone. So, taking your input into account the six questions are going to be as follows, if we are all in agreement:

- What are the Kindred ties of Walter in the way of blood relatives?
- What are the Kindred ties of Walter by association (pacts, membership, boons or similar things)?
- What sort of organizational structure does the dawnguard have...
- ...and who are the people in it at the moment?
- What technological or supernatural capabilities do they bring to the table?
- What is the nature of the relationship that unites Walter, the Dawnguard and the infernal creature?

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thank you, everyone. So, taking your input into account the six questions are going to be as follows, if we are all in agreement:

- What are the Kindred ties of Walter in the way of blood relatives?
- What are the Kindred ties of Walter by association (pacts, membership, boons or similar things)?
- What sort of organizational structure does the dawnguard have...
- ...and who are the people in it at the moment?
- What technological or supernatural capabilities do they bring to the table?
- What is the nature of the relationship that unites Walter, the Dawnguard and the infernal creature?
Okay, I'll integrate the answers to these as part of my IC post.

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: The answers to your questions are as follows:
  • What are the Kindred ties of Walter in the way of blood relatives?
He has none. He is a Beast -- an Eshmaki Tyrant with the shadowy form of a massive spider -- who cleverly hid among the Kindred for years to further his plots and schemes.
  • What are the Kindred ties of Walter by association (pacts, membership, boons or similar things)?
Walter holds several pacts that are extremely in his favor with notable Kindred, the most prominent of which being Princess Lucia d'Ombro, Darius Hellstromme, Pandora Aensland, and Dorothea "Granny" Blackwood. Walter Dolmen also used to be the head of the Cheiron Group, a world-spanning Conspiracy of Hunters.
  • What sort of organizational structure does the Dawnguard have...
The Dawnguard is a local Compact of technologically advanced Hunters, split into two tiers: Command and Legion. They are all under the command of Walter Dolmen however.
  • ...and who are the people in it at the moment?
Currently there are twenty-two Hunters in the Dawnguard -- six in Command tier and the rest in the Legion tier -- the most prominent of which being Iggins, High Lord of the Dawnguard who bears the legendary prized relic Rex Marksley's Lightning Gauntlet which was stolen from the forbidden basement of the Black Emporium. He is present here in the chamber. His greatest lieutenant is Grayfia, called the Right Hand of Power, who is Pandora Aensland's second ghoul. She is not here however.
  • What technological or supernatural capabilities do they bring to the table?
An immense array of technological wonders so powerful and varied that they can literally wield certain supernatural powers -- usually constructed as weapons, armor, gear, or more commonly as cybernetic upgrades -- since the core of these items were ripped from the same esohumans in question. Vampire disciplines, Werewolf gifts, Mage spells, Changeling contracts, Sin-Eater manifestations, Unchained exploits... all of it. In addition, Walter has secured for them through nefarious means a number of potent relics, one of which the leader Iggins wields.
  • What is the nature of the relationship that unites Walter, the Dawnguard and the infernal creature?
The Dawnguard directly serve under Walter as his minions and cohorts -- their core being outcasts, the neglected and discarded, or those with no appreciable skills in society and a deep-seated hatred of it as a result. He gives them purpose, pays them well, and arms them with the best tech in order to complete their missions and strike back against the shadowy forces that "conspired against them to make their lives miserable". Basically reinforcing their belief structure with lies that esohumans were to blame for their failures and ostracization. Meridiana on the other hand is the tiniest fragment -- an Avatar if you will -- of the same archdemon who rules within the Inferno but cannot manifest her true form on the Material. Walter summoned her and made a pact with her so that he could complete his plan to become an Incarnate -- a living incarnation of nightmarish terror. She now serves as his advisor, lover, and assistant. He, as a result of his sheer wickedness, has become her consort.
Called it.

Top Bottom