• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC All That Glitters Is Red (Vampire: Blood and Smoke)

Pheidias

herder of rampant stories
Validated User
Pandorym Pandorym that's a very good question and not an easy one to answer.

Honestly, I don't know. I've come to love this chronicle. I'm really into the game and the character. Then again, I do seem to be the only one who's really comfortable with the genre or their role.

I would like to see things through to their natural conclusion but Elsie is such an integral part of the triangle that is the coterie that I can't imagine how we'd manage without her. Having said that, I don't know how okay you'd be with continuing her as an NPC or how okay I'd be with her being written out.

As you might have noticed Elaine has a huge crush on Elsie, so whatever happens to her is going to have a big impact on my character.

Looking at it from a top-down perspective, we've currently paused after a big success and have several big challenges ahead of us. In theatre it would feel like a break between acts. If we decide to stop playing, this would be an ideal point. If we decide to go on, we would at least have to play through the next milestone for a satisfactory experience.

Now, I'm not necessarily in favor of ending the game but if the group does vote on quitting, I would like to propose that we'd at least do a compressed-narrative run through of the events to come, where we'd get to make some key decisions and you would narrate the rest. And of course a Q&A at the end because it's the Mekhet in me that just needs to know all the wonderful things about the world you have built.

So, I'm really undecided at the moment and hoping on input from you and smilingbandit2 smilingbandit2 .

smilingbandit2

Darkness is my Ally.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pandorym Pandorym that's a very good question and not an easy one to answer.

Honestly, I don't know. I've come to love this chronicle. I'm really into the game and the character. Then again, I do seem to be the only one who's really comfortable with the genre or their role.

I would like to see things through to their natural conclusion but Elsie is such an integral part of the triangle that is the coterie that I can't imagine how we'd manage without her. Having said that, I don't know how okay you'd be with continuing her as an NPC or how okay I'd be with her being written out.

As you might have noticed Elaine has a huge crush on Elsie, so whatever happens to her is going to have a big impact on my character.

Looking at it from a top-down perspective, we've currently paused after a big success and have several big challenges ahead of us. In theatre it would feel like a break between acts. If we decide to stop playing, this would be an ideal point. If we decide to go on, we would at least have to play through the next milestone for a satisfactory experience.

Now, I'm not necessarily in favor of ending the game but if the group does vote on quitting, I would like to propose that we'd at least do a compressed-narrative run through of the events to come, where we'd get to make some key decisions and you would narrate the rest. And of course a Q&A at the end because it's the Mekhet in me that just needs to know all the wonderful things about the world you have built.

So, I'm really undecided at the moment and hoping on input from you and smilingbandit2 smilingbandit2 .
I'll ask that smilingbandit2 smilingbandit2 states his opinion first before I say anything.
I'm rather torn on the issue.

I enjoy the game, and I'd like to see the story through to the conclusion. However, IMO two players is very thin gruel for a game. I tend to prefer 4-6 players in a PBP game - 3 was the lower limit of what I'm usually comfortable with. To your credit, you were making it work, but I don't know that it's sustainable with just Pheidias Pheidias and I. We were already leaning very heavily on the plan of 'convince the elders to do the heavy lifting.' That'll pretty much be the entire plan if it's down to two low level Kindred. :)

Also, if I'm being honest, I'm getting just a bit tired of playing Doctor LaChance. I like where he is morally, but I'm getting a bit tired of being so damn sanctimonious all the time. I was ready to see things through, let the Doctor end his Long Night with his head held high - but I'm okay with putting him down too.

I think, in the end, I vote to finish things.

What I'd like to do after that is try to restart your last Vampire game - the one where the players wake up from Torpor out for revenge. Geoff Heckler was a character that excited me, pushed my comfort zones a little, and the story was quite compelling. I don't know if you're interested in running anything else Pandorym Pandorym - it seems like you've got a full plate sometimes - but I'm pretty much ride or die on your Vampire games and that one was my favorite.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, I've given the matter some thought. After a series of lengthy internal debates... I've decided to continue the game if both of you are willing to see it through to the end. I know smilingbandit2 smilingbandit2 has voted to do so, but I don't know Pheidias Pheidias ' opinion on the matter.

As for Elsie, well, I originally was going to write her out -- put her on a bus and send her elsewhere hunting down leads concerning Walter. I'm not going to do that however, now knowing what I know about Elaine's feelings and the solidarity of keeping the coterie triangle intact. In the end, I'll do my best to play Elsie true to the original character, but she really won't have the spotlight except maybe in a particular instance or two.

Naturally, losing your primary combatant will make things a lot harder, so I'm going to shift things around a bit without you two knowing to account for what's happened. You'll have a couple more allies where you wouldn't normally, a few less enemies where you would. And then we'll keep going. Sound good?

As for the other game, smilingbandit2 smilingbandit2 , I'm willing to run it again after this one concludes. Pheidias Pheidias , you're welcome to join as well if you like, though I know you're busy.

Pheidias

herder of rampant stories
Validated User
Sounds good to me. I really, really appreciate all your effort retooling things to keep the game running. Let's see this through. Onwards then, after Gencon.

smilingbandit2

Darkness is my Ally.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sounds good to me. I really, really appreciate all your effort retooling things to keep the game running. Let's see this through. Onwards then, after Gencon.
I mean, don't let me keep you from playing.

Ample opportunity for a long soliloquy. ;)

To stake or not to stake, that is the question...

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
IC post is now up. I'll play Elsie to the best of my ability, but I don't have much confidence in myself for that. :cautious:

Top Bottom